Lone Star Beer | Pabst Brewing Company

Lone Star BeerLone Star Beer

Pabst Brewing Company
pabstbrewingco.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

- Lone Star Beer uses the finest hops from the Pacific Northwest with hearty grains from the Central and Northern Plains. Malted barley and corn extract combine to provide Lone Star with nature's finest ingredients for brewing. Lone Star's ingredients give this beer its full natural flavor. The choicest hops lend complexity and aroma to this beer, and its proprietary mashing regimen creates the perfect balance of alcohol, body, and character.
- ABV% 4.65
- Calories 136

Added by stirgy on 10-19-2001

Liked:
2.5/5
28%
Alströms:

And on the ninth day invented Lone Star and quit giving a fuck about us.

Poured into a shaker pint glass but I drank the other 11 were consumed from the can and tasted even better than the score in this review.

Look: Crystal clear light golden waves of grain. Slowly rising bubbles create and hold a white cap. Little or no lacing.

Aroma: Metallic brew tanks. Aluminum. Sweet rice adjuncts. Cereal grains.

Taste: Watery and metallic with beautiful grainy sweetness that makes it taste just like BEER.

Mouthfeel: Slightly carbonated and light.

Overall: The best cheap adjunct of all cheap beers I've consumed. And the fact that someone had to mule this to me two states away makes it even better. Love it.

4.92/5  rDev +96.8%

For a basic, go-to American-style lager, Lone Star stands alone at the top of the list. Easily drinkable with a good taste and mouthfeel that pairs perfectly with brisket, steak, hunting, tailgating, etc. Lone Star won't be found at the top of most beer snobs' lists, but it remains an excellent American-style lager and holds a proud place as a staple of this Texan's fridge.

4.76/5  rDev +90.4%

Cheap

4.7/5  rDev +88%

Served in a can. Consumed from said can.

I was being grilled by a couple of company men, and I decided to at least get a beer run out of it. Finally, the sixer of tall boys was placed in front of me. These brews are best enjoyed in dreams that happen in a locked box inside of your head.

Lone Star may also be enjoyed alongside one Reginald Ledoux, on your porch in Carcosa, or in pursuit of the King in Yellow.

Be warned - at the end of every sixer, there's a monster.

4.5/5  rDev +80%

4.38/5  rDev +75.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.25/5  rDev +70%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Punk Rock Girls & Lone Star Beer!
I like this beer. It was never really available for me when I was younger since I was not living near Texas, at all. But I have grown to drink and love it. It's cheap which is so awesome. It's refreshing which is so awesome, again. It's great to drink all night and all day which is the best awesome. I get it when I can find it. I enjoy it when I get it. Lone Star is a Super Star beer!

4.11/5  rDev +64.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

This beer has a straw yellow color with a thin white head. It didn't have much of a smell aside from weak hints of wheat and a slightly stronger smell of piney hops. The taste was pretty solid and it had an excellently smooth taste due to its nice smooth hoppy finish. The carbonation was light but it went down nicely. A very good beer.

4.03/5  rDev +61.2%

12 oz. bottle poured into pilsener
(Oct. 31, 2016 best by date)

L: small head off light pour, 1 finger of white foam, no sticking or lacing; lots of activity in glass

S: grain, sour grain, light sweetness ... almost fruity

T: grain, corn, good amount of malt sweetness ... cracker malt ... no hop presence but a good mix of grain and light-malt flavor

F: crispy clean, easy as it gets

O: Lone Star's been in my life to one degree another for almost all of my 44 years on this rock, so it's hard to cut the bias out here, but I love it ... hadn't had a Lone Star in about four years, and I'm shocked how much malt flavor is in it; for an AAL, it's the best I've tried, and I do actually like a few; this beer is going back in my rotation to stay

Nothing particularly special about this beer. It's a type of beer that you could drink a lot of in one setting. I believe that King of the Hill based the ALAMO beer off of this beer.

Photo of

You had this beer. Write a review.

I've never me a beer I didn't like (except those bearing a Lite or Light in their name). Some are better than others, and some are really good, depending on what your definition of good is. I've had the good fortune of spending 22 years in Uncle Sam's Navy so kind of got to try a lot of brews in their local environs. Lone Star is not that bad. At it's price point it's pretty darned good. I'm not much for smell, look, all the flavors etc. Like Tom T. Hall, "I Like Beer." Asked a friend of mine, a brew master in a micro brewery, what sort of glass or stein was best to drink from. His reply was "The bottle it came in." So that's how I drink it. From the bottle it came in so don't ask me what it looks like. I don't have any idea how to rate it other than spend three hours digging in the dirt in the hot Texas sun and you'll love it. Goes good with BBQ, beans, and good music.

I don't know where anybody got the idea it was brewed in California. They obviously have never read the label or been to Fort Worth, Texas. Head north on I35E through Fort Worth and the brewery is on your right.

Lone Star Beer and Bob Wills Music:

3.83/5  rDev +53.2%

The national beer of texas, the slogan of this beer give honour its name appearance and taste is good , smell low in the average, but easy drinkability and special for bbq and buddies meeting, in sunday, or soccer game with any snacks; very recommendable.

Lone Star Beer from Pabst Brewing Company