Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Lone Star Beer | Pabst Brewing Company

Lone Star BeerLone Star Beer
2.5/5
Poor
Lone Star BeerLone Star Beer

Pabst Brewing Company
pabstbrewingco.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

- Lone Star Beer uses the finest hops from the Pacific Northwest with hearty grains from the Central and Northern Plains. Malted barley and corn extract combine to provide Lone Star with nature's finest ingredients for brewing. Lone Star's ingredients give this beer its full natural flavor. The choicest hops lend complexity and aroma to this beer, and its proprietary mashing regimen creates the perfect balance of alcohol, body, and character.
- ABV% 4.65

2.25/5  rDev -10%

1.25/5  rDev -50%

1.75/5  rDev -30%

1.84/5  rDev -26.4%

Poured almost a finger of head on a light straw colored body.
The aroma is an unattractive metallic and vomit smell.
The taste has a bitter and sweet note with a lot of metallic overtones.
The texture is crisp with a high carbonation.
Avoid this beer.

2.85/5  rDev +14%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

I had never had this one before and it is not available where I live, but on a trip through an adjacent state I stopped to pick up a few beers when I noticed this store had six packs of this stuff. I had listened to Texas musicians and others praise this stuff for so long I had made it a point to try at some time in my life, I did not realize it would be yesterday. Sometimes when you are not looking for something it just appears. Anyway, this beer was alright nothing to sing about, even though people have. This is more a novelty to me, but overall had it been the middle of summer and I was going to listen to some Texas troubadour sing about it it would fit the bill rather well. Anyway to the review, it smelled sweet and grainy and when I poured it in the glass it was a very pale yellow, almost colorless really. The taste did have a bite to it that I wasn't expecting but overall not bad, I could see myself drinking a few of these on a hot summer day while grilling out and listening to some good tunes. Like I said before it is what it is but Lone Star had a certain appeal which precipitated the purchase.

3.25/5  rDev +30%