Lone Star Beer | Pabst Brewing Company

Lone Star BeerLone Star Beer

Pabst Brewing Company
pabstbrewingco.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

- Lone Star Beer uses the finest hops from the Pacific Northwest with hearty grains from the Central and Northern Plains. Malted barley and corn extract combine to provide Lone Star with nature's finest ingredients for brewing. Lone Star's ingredients give this beer its full natural flavor. The choicest hops lend complexity and aroma to this beer, and its proprietary mashing regimen creates the perfect balance of alcohol, body, and character.
- ABV% 4.65
- Calories 136

Added by stirgy on 10-19-2001

2.5
28%

1.25/5  rDev -50%

12 oz. long neck bottle that has a white with gold trim label. The label has a red with gold trim shield with the word "Lone Star" in the middle. Around the shield are gold pictures of the Alamo, the state of Texas with "since 1845" written into it, and drawings of a few Texas heroes, Stephan E. Austin and William B. Travis. To the far left and right of the label is where they keep the US Government warning, the address of the brewery, and the barcode. No best before date anywhere, but there is a brewery number stamped onto the neck of the bottle. It means something to the brewery, but not to the consumer. I almost forgot one thing. It's capped with a twist off cap and under every cap is a different riddle. It's hard to figure out the riddle because the pictures are too small for the human eye to read.

Appearance: When poured into an American pint glass (I probably should have drank it straight from the bottle), Lone Star was a nice healthy clear urine yellow. The kind of yellow you would want to see when taking a urine analysis. It had a half an inch head of white foam that only took a fraction of a second to completely dissipate into oblivion. It somehow managed to leave behind a handful of white rings and a white spot of lace.

Smell: OH MAN!! What an aroma this beer had. My glass was going to burst with the scent of some of the finest German hops money can buy and high quality Belgian chocolates...Who am I kidding? The real aroma was almost nonexistent. If you swirled it around for an hour (that's an hour I'm never going to get back), you might get something. After that hour was taken away from my life, I got the aroma of apple juice laced with alcohol, cheap Wal-Mart perfume, and malted Texas born corn and rice. You know what? I would have rather had the nonexistent aroma than what this beer actually had. It would have saved time.

Taste: I going to make this quick and painless or should I say quick and tasteless. The only "taste" this beer offered was the taste of water with a quick sting of malted grains. It tasted like they malted every grain grown in Texas and then dumped the entire state's water supply to make it watery and non-offensive.

Mouthfeel: Light and watery with no aftertaste whatsoever! Should I say more?

Drinkability: If you have to drink Lone Star for some reason, drink it out of the bottle and not from a glass. You don't want to waste your time scrubbing the hell out of your glass to get this beer out of your life. This is clearly an example of the saying "you get what you pay for." And for about $4 a six pack, you're not getting much.

1.27/5  rDev -49.2%

A: I really prefer to drink in the can because poured in a glass seems urine;

S: Unpleasant notes of corn;

T: Adjunct grains where corn predominate, some aluminum, when is heated worsens the taste;

M: Fizzy;

D: Very bad to drink, maybe if you accompany any snack with it should be fine.

1.31/5  rDev -47.6%

Are you guys kidding me? Is this stuff really available outside of Texas? Ugh! We don't drink it down here, and I recommend you not drink it either, no matter where you are. I wouldn't even water my office plants with Lone Star.

1.33/5  rDev -46.8%

Oh no, I am at a great beer bar whwn the song thunderstruck comes on the jukebox. My friends start the thunderstruck drinking game and I realize I am not playing a drinking game with GLBC Xmas ale. Jump to the bar and decide to try Lone Star. AAL, why not? I qickly found out...

A - Pours closer to water then I could imagine... There is very little head and it quickly disappears.

S - cheap. I didn't know that cheap would ever be a wa I would use to rate smell of a beer, but this is closer in smell to king cobra than I want to imagine.

T - Close to biting into the stalk of a crn cob. It's all adjunct here folks, nothing else.

M/D - Goes down about cheap vodka. Come to think about it, it's as drinkable as 9 dollar handles of vodka at the grocery store.

1.37/5  rDev -45.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

Piss beer, I had to try just because. PBR bottled with a different label. This is the kind of beer my grandpa might have liked In boot camp back in the 40s. That being said, it's easy drinking for guys that don't require much out of their brew.

1.4/5  rDev -44%

1.43/5  rDev -42.8%

Clear body, no head whatsoever. Smells faintly of grain, that's it. Taste is bland, watery, lightly grainy, very much like something you could envision Hank Hill, Dale Gribble, or Bill Dauterive drinking. Mouthfeel is fizzy and thin. I will pass on this, pretty bad.

1.49/5  rDev -40.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

This was my first texas beer it took me back to the steal beer from the parents fridge and poor college days. Just a turr ible beer.

1.49/5  rDev -40.4%
look: 3 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.25

Appearance - The beer poured as clear as yellow tinted water.

Smell - There really was not a distinct smell. Perhaps there were light cereal grains.

Taste - I did not really get a taste. I tried the beer both warm and cold. When cold, there was nothing. When warm, I think I detected a little corn. It is impossible to describe an aftertaste, when there is no initial taste.

Mouthfeel - The carbonation is fairly active, perhaps like carbonated water.

Overall - I will not say it is the worst AAL, but it definitely has the least taste.

1.5/5  rDev -40%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Lone Star Beer from Pabst Brewing Company