Pabst Blue Ribbon Light | Pabst Brewing Company

Added by BeerAdvocate on 11-29-2001

Liked:
2.5/5
Alströms:

This is ridicuolous, I hope the russians can sleep well knowing they took over and ruined the last good thing we had. I have one, and have not drank it out of principle.

I am ashamed I drank this. No beer should be $10 for a thirty rack. I knew this when I bought it but was a poor college student so I held my breath and did it anyways.

I am not severely opposed to the occasional light tasteless beer such as PBR but this beer was literally painful to drink. My thirty rack quickly became a doorstop and I was begging people to take it out of my sight.

Sorry but my only constructive criticism is pour it down the drain.

1.25/5  rDev -50%

1.25/5  rDev -50%

1.31/5  rDev -47.6%

1.36/5  rDev -45.6%

Very light malt aroma. Very light to pale gold color. Medium head, with average retention. Light on taste, no dryness, no crispness, really not much to it. Heavily carbonated, yet very thin mouthfeel. Beer flavored water is probably most apt.

1.59/5  rDev -36.4%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

1.7/5  rDev -32%

This is a really cheap light beer that compares to most others in the category. Usual light yellow color has a fizzy white head. The nose and taste are quite hard to decipher. If anything, some rice/corn water. Light body leads to below average drinkablility.

1.75/5  rDev -30%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

1.8/5  rDev -28%

Throw back brews, trendy hipster canned PBR does well. But why do they have to make every varietal of the same beer? Fizzy yellow beer, pale pissy golden or apple juice if you wanna be PG about it. Minimal specks of lacing left after the bright egg shell white head fades, oh so quickly. Aroma has cooked veggies and cereal notes going down efficiently enough to be classified as an industrial lager. No reason to go for this brew but for 5.99 a 12 pack of cans I had to grab it. Now I have something in my fridge to offer the folks who couldn't give a shit about my beloved micros. Don't get me wrong I still try to convert but this is a better alternative then them clearing out my DBF. Flavor is pretty much a watered down slightly metallic cooked veggies in this case corn and rice show up hard core. No real hop flow but I wasn't expecting one, I still can enjoy a PBR with the best of 'em but this one leaves much to be desired. Mouthfeel is carbonated water, carbonation levels a bit much will bring the Barney belches in no time. Drinkability overall could be pretty wreckless, but I'm not in the mood for a White Trash Wednesday party like I would have been back in college.

1.88/5  rDev -24.8%

This beer sucks in every facet of sucking.

Looks like dishwater.

Smells like nothing

At least it is 10$ for 30 cans.

Everything else about is not worth reviewing.

On par with Natty light but cheaper.

Tastes like beer was mixed water, soaked up by a rag, and then wrung into a glass.

Easy to drink because it is so light and thin.

Pabst Blue Ribbon Light from Pabst Brewing Company