Pabst Blue Ribbon Light | Pabst Brewing Company

1.25/5  rDev -50%

2.25/5  rDev -10%

3.75/5  rDev +50%

3.02/5  rDev +20.8%

I find PBR Light is an OK generic tasting light. it doesn't taste like a light version of PBR just a light forgettable beer. Only one store near me stocks it and I thought I could save money by getting my bud light drinking wife to switch (I'm a PBR drinker) she didn;t and I found myself drinking more PBR light than I do PBR so i'm not really getting less cals or carbs (Not that I care anyways) It's OK no more, no less.

I put 5 for everything, I'm sorry I can't afford constantly drinking craft or micro brews and I don't like drinking regular (non light) beers all the time in place of the better stuff. PBR light takes the cake, I normally drank Busch Keystone or Coors light but this one takes the cake for a nice easy cheap as hell light beer. I'm not a yuppie, I'm not a hillbilly and I'm sure as hell not a hipster, I'm a mid-westerner that likes a good cheap easy drinking beer with my brat. So I suggest you try this one when you need something for the party, fishing, the game or just hanging by the fire with friends.

2.69/5  rDev +7.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Pours a pale straw gold, with lots of quickly-subsiding white foam. There's actually some attractive and detailed lacing here on my glass, too, believe it or not.

Aroma is adjunct corn and grainy malts. Nothing more, nothing less. Standard.

Taste is light, as expected, and even watery. The overall notes I get are rice and corn malts, though there seems to be a slight (ever-so-slight) touch of citrus hops near the finish.

Solid enough for the style, and this is one I can knock back easily. Don't go in expecting a world-class craft beer, and PBR Light works just fine.

1.5/5  rDev -40%