Red, White & Blue

1.23 | pDev: 21.14%
From:
Pabst Brewing Company

Avail:
Retired (no longer brewed)
Wants
Reviews: 6 | Ratings: 25
Reviews by longarm:
1.53/5  rDev +24.4%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Ahh, everyone seems to have a fond memory related to this one. Mine has to do with a high school date, whom I thought I would woo with a case of the finest brew imaginable. Ok, I was in high school, poor and basically uncultured, but the local 7-11 had 12-pack's of RW&B on sale. After spending a whopping $2.99 for the swill, I proceeded to chill it in the trunk of my car (w/o ice) for the next 48 hours. Needless to say, my date was impressed. We had a glorious time together. By we, I mean me and the remaining 10 RW&B's after my date made me take her home early.

Upon further review now many years after high school, this beer still stinks, even by crappy beer standards. Somehow it still manages to find its way into many gullets, probably because it's hard to find a lower abv/price ratio without venturing into cheap malt liquors. The appearance isn't repugnant to me, but I wasn't expecting it to be great either. The mostly fizzy head disappears in about 60 seconds. Smell/taste and mouthfeel all seem to meld into the same category to me. That is they're all pretty bad, but I hesitate to give it a 1, since I'm not prepared to pour it down the drain...yet. Drinkability falls into the same category for the same reason. If you want cheap beer, there are so many other options. Unless you only have correct change, why waste your limited $$$ on this stuff, when you can have Blatz or PBR for $0.50 more.

1.19/5  rDev -3.3%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

This was the beer from my childhood that even under-aged drinkers soon avoided,
Whoever said that was right on. I would rather drink everclear and coke than that . It was just horrible, intolerable is even more accurate. Gross, The brew of choice by child beaters, domestic abuser and dumb-ass kids. Smart one's went with Schaeffer...

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

The LCBO gave me a free bottle of this and tell them what I think. I told them never to sell or give away that stuff again. RWB is the worst beer I've ever had, and I've had Corona. Pale yellow with no head formed. It sorta looks like my piss at the end of the day. Smell was adjunct, adjunct, adjunct. No malt or hop smell detected. Chemical tasting. The taste reminded me of a high school science lab, or a chemistry set I had as a child. No mouthfeel. Very watery. Undrinkable. I forced myself to drink this. After three sips, I chugged it in under five seconds. Why prolong the torment? This beer was so terrible, I was tempted to drain it down the sink. All the ones I gave this beer too should be -5

1.28/5  rDev +4.1%

The second worst beer I've ever had. If there was ever one to pour down the drain this was it, with its sour chemical taste and absolutely urine colored appearance. I've looked for it again lately so I can cure alcoholism , after tasting this I would expect an instant cure

1.19/5  rDev -3.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1

My friends father used to drink this. I was over at their house once and the dad offered me one. It was all I could do to finish it as I didn't want to seem rude. It was truly a poor excuse for a beer. One of the worst I've ever had.

look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

1.75/5  rDev +42.3%

1.44/5  rDev +17.1%

1.33/5  rDev +8.1%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

1.45/5  rDev +17.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

Poured from the can into my under-aged gullet.
This was the beer from my childhood that even under-aged drinkers soon avoided,
Aroma- Very similar to dishwater
Appearance- A pale yellow color that was lighter than apple juice
Taste- It couldn't be cold enough to taste good, if it started to warm up you had to chug so you could keep it down.
Palate- Light bodied and moderate carbonation,
Overall- Amazingly bad, I worked at a grocery store in St. Pete Fl, and this was our biggest mover in the beer department in the late 70's and early 80's. that fact still amazes me.

1.2/5  rDev -2.4%

Simply one of the worst ever

Red, White & Blue from Pabst Brewing Company