Gandydancer | B&O Station Brewery & Restaurant, The

Style: Russian Imperial Stout

Added by babyhobbes on 03-30-2004

Reviews by babyhobbes:
4.06/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

So, I was sitting at my favorite bar in Cleveland and had to ask about "Gandydancer". I was pretty skeptical when I learned that this was a coffee stout from a brewpub in Youngstown, Ohio.

Oh, this was good. Came with a nice tan head and was a deep brown almost black in the glass. Smelled like coffee and cream.

Taste is rather sweet and full of coffee ending with a strong bitterness.

I'd have it again but then, I like coffee.

4.7/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This was one of the best new beers I have tried in a long time. The beer was nearly black with a thick, tan head. The nose was coffee and chocolate. The taste was simply amazing. The coffee taste was complemented with a slight cocoa wisp that made the beer delicious. The carbonation was low, making it a great stout. The alcohol was hardly noticeable making this ale quite drinkable. This would probably be even better in the winter time, but it was a great stout on a warm summer evening in Youngstown.

Gandydancer from B&O Station Brewery & Restaurant, The