Brooklyn Lager | Brooklyn Brewery

good
Read the review

Brooklyn Brewery
New York, United States
brooklynbrewery.com

Style: American Amber / Red Lager

Added by UncleJimbo on 02-11-1998

3.8

Ratings: 3,656 |  Reviews: 1,241

Very good beer

My favorite. Used to judge all others.

Lightly toasted notes highlight this satisfying brew. Not a lot of amber lagers in the world, and if this was the only one I had, I'd still be a happy man.

(Edit: as my idea of what constitutes a 5* beer has evolved -- one that transcends, one that is a standard bearer, one that is more than the sum of its parts, one that is so satisfying that it almost can't be dissected -- Brooklyn Lager is one that immediately comes to mind. Score changed to note this.)

Surprisingly for a Lager it poured amber with an inch head that downgraded to a 1/4 inch head quickly. Taste is good. Extremely well balanced beer. Way more hops than i expected, which is awesome! Very drinkable. It delivers a nice Lager taste with the malts, but then follows up with an awesome hop finish. I love the hop structure. Maybe it's because i expected some tasteless lager but... I really like this beer! Lacing is awesome for a Lager...it leaves these rad rings. Perfect session beer. I have nothing bad to say about this beer. It's perfect for what it is. And packs many surprises! Will for sure buy again. Brilliant. But I must say...if I tasted this with a blindfold on my head and had to guess the style, I would not guess Lager. But hey...I really like this beer! I bought a 6 pack and enjoyed every last drop, noticing different flavors every sip. I will for sure buy this again and recommend it to all my friends!

UPDATE: This has become my favorite beer.

Quite simply the best lager in the world. I love this beer. A complex, multi-layered lager with a hoppy taste and malty bitter aftertaste, but still works as a standard 'relaxing' beer. You want want to go back to any other lager after trying this.

Brooklyn Lager from Brooklyn Brewery