The Stonewall Inn IPA

From:
Brooklyn Brewery

New York, United States
Avail:
Retired (no longer brewed)
Wants
Gots
SCORE
Good
The Stonewall Inn IPAThe Stonewall Inn IPA
Notes: The Stonewall Inn IPA is a Citra-hopped session IPA. It features a hint of grapefruit and citrus peel on the nose, with a crisp yet mellow finish. We partnered with The Stonewall Inn to brew this beer to celebrate their history and to support the continuing work of The Stonewall Inn Gives Back Initiative.
Reviews: 4 | Ratings: 25
3.55/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

12 oz bottle

Hazy, light yellow in color, white head. Nice orange citrus aroma. Taste is a bit thin like a lot of session IPAs. Medium bitterness. Thinner bodied.

4.33/5  rDev +20.6%

Thoroughly enjoyed this citrusy session IPA at the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin, Texas on 7/13/19 with a friend. It was crisp and light but still with just enough body. Sorry to hear that it will retire as it was brewed to celebrate the righteous Stonewall protests.

3.63/5  rDev +1.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

I bought this bottle the night before my surgery at The Brass Rail Deli in Campbelltown, PA owned by a fellow former Navy Storekeeper (SK) & his wife! I had planned to drink it during Pride Month, but time kind of evaporated on me until now. Without further ado:

From the Bottle: "The Stonewall Inn"; "Brooklyn Brewery is a very proud sponsor of The Stonewall Inn Gives Back Initiative."; "Pour Proudly"; "Session IPA".

I Pop!ped the cap with great glee since that is the only thing that I am currently Pop!ping. Another result of my prostatectomy has been impotence, which I am hopeful will right itself over time. Even if not, I CAN simply get a scrip from my doc for pills, as needed. I went with a hard, aggro pour that produced a LOT of head! Yes, it's going to be one of THOSE reviews. The bottle was sweating, the glass was sweating & I was sweating like one of those guys at a burlesque shown in a Daniel Clowes illustration! Baby, is hot in here, or is it just you? Gee, Bro. Woody, aren't you hot in that monk's robe? Baby, yer the hottest thing here! It formed just under two fingers of dense, foamy, rocky, bone-white (what else?) head with premature dissipation, quickly turning flaccid. 8=( Color was a beautiful rainbow, oh wait, I need to move the label away from the glass. Color was an oh-so-slightly-hazy Yellow-Gold (SRM = 4 - 5), causing The Gelt Gang of Croesus, Mammon & Midas to decline, saying "Not that there's anything wrong with that!". The liquid penetrated my lips & laid on my tongue like it belonged there, although it was kind of watery for the style. I rolled it around in my mouth, swallowed & then stuck my tongue out just to make sure that everybody knew that I am a swallower, not a spitter. What does this look like, we're at a wine tasting?!? I see you spit beer, you had best have a good reason for doing so! Finish left me finished, but unfulfilled. If I can just get this thing working again, I'll be ready or another go-'round! I just felt like I needed more hops & hopping in my misbegotten life. YMMV. Peace, pieces! Cheers! Mwah!

3.59/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

On tap at Shake Shack (Houston, TX) served in a plastic beer cup. Light aromas and taste of lemon and grapefruit citrus with malty cracker sweetness rounding out the flavor into a crisp, lightly bitter finish. Light body with medium carbonation. Almost too light; good to wash down a burger or a hot day.

The Stonewall Inn IPA from Brooklyn Brewery