Brooklyn Local 2 | Brooklyn Brewery

brooklynbrewery.com

Style: Belgian Strong Dark Ale

Added by ClockworkOrange on 02-02-2009

Ratings: 1,415 |  Reviews: 549

This beer is amazing. I normally drink what most people would call harsh beers. Most of my friends wont drink the random beers I have in my fridge, but when I give them a taste of this beer they always love it. This beer has convinced dozens of my friends to try craft beers. This is amazing considering it is 9% alcohol.

I could not find anything wrong with this one! Smooth taste and no after taste, wonderful smell, and great to enjoy with or without food. I am excited to find a beer that can be shared with friends; all agree it is quite extrodinary and exceptional.

On to the next one....

4.87/5  rDev +20.8%

A: Dark ruby with an off white head that lasts a long time.

S: Dark fruit, belgian yeast, spices.

T: Sweet dark fruit, banana, clove, and caramel malts. The dark fruits just get more prominent as it warms. Excellent flavor.

M: Great carbonation and mouthfeel. Only a slight note of booziness.

D: Very drinkable and excellent representation of the style. I have sought this beer out several times in the last couple of months, which is not my usual MO. I think that says a lot about how I feel about this beer. Just make sure you let it warm. That's when it really comes alive!

4.85/5  rDev +20.3%

4.84/5  rDev +20.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.83/5  rDev +19.9%

This is a great American example of a Belgian “Dubbel/Strong Dark Ale”. Poured from a bottle bought from Good Beer NYC in New York City, and pours a deep dark brown, almost black, color with a nice lace head which sticks to the glass. From the nose I get a molasses, raisin, honey, caramel, all of which finish with a nice smell of sweet alcohol. The mouthfeel gives a lot of raisin, and honey like caramel with that nice sweet finish of alcohol. Overall, this is in exception beer! If you are in to Belgian style ales then this is definitely one that you should try!

4.82/5  rDev +19.6%

Picked this one up to do a beer tasting with Brooklyn brews. Boy, I'm glad I did!

First impression, as soon as the cork is popped, you can smell the caramel and vanilla coming right out of the bottle, and seems to be soaked into the cork. Had a couple bottles of this, and they all were very aromatic right from corking.

Poured into short stemmed wine tasting glassware. Big white head with lots of bubbles. Solid brown color with a copperish tint. Again, the smell is absolutely awesome. Taste holds up with the smell. Vanilla and caramel right off the bat with some chocolate and molasses behind it. Not quite as bubbly as champagne, but still very carbonated feeling. I can feel the bubbles in my nose as I drink it. Great tasting beer that I can have a glass or 2 of at a time, and wonderful in the middle of an evening to try something new.

I will definitely be buying this one again.

4.8/5  rDev +19.1%