Philadelphia Pale Ale | Yards Brewing Co.

good
Philadelphia Pale AlePhiladelphia Pale Ale

Yards Brewing Co.
Pennsylvania, United States
yardsbrewing.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Not to be boastful, but we honestly believe all others pale in comparison to this one. Crisp and hoppy, Philadelphia Pale Ale is brewed with Pilsner malt and American hops, which impart a surprising citrus aroma.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-17-2002

Ratings: 1,003 |  Reviews: 323

2.5/5  rDev -32.1%

3.5/5  rDev -4.9%

One of the best I've had in me man cave tap. Went to Baltimore beer week and only fond 1 (a Weiss) better. Never, never has there been a beer like that! Have a Flying Fish Octerberfish clogging up the lines now. Will be sure to get this after I purge the fish. Or perhaps a Long Trail, Brooklyn. Update: ordered 1/2 barrel Yards PPA 9.26.13, should be as good as the 1/6 I had before the (still working on) fish. At $165 +tax (1/2) and $75 + for 1/6 it is a bit up there, but as me sailing friends tell me "you only live once". Is that true?

2.33/5  rDev -36.7%

Nice thick creamy head, which was the high spot for this beer. Citrus taste and aftertaste I didn't enjoy. Color was decent. smell was a little off, but not overpowering. I will not buy this beer again. Even in the summer, not really refreshing to me. I was done after one , didn't want a second one.

2.79/5  rDev -24.2%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Had picked up a six pack real quick for a get together.

A. Nice dark gold with a small off white head. Lacing was nice.

S. Smell was slightly yeasty with some hints of citrus. Nothing was too strong, almost nonexistent just about.

T. Taste was also pretty bland. Again like the aroma, the taste was yeast with a kick of citrus. The yeast was more prominent. The citrus flavor was minimal and bit your taste buds late.

M. The feel was not too full, on the lighter side of things. The lack of fullness did not coat the palate.

O. Overall the beer is not bad. I maybe would get it again, but I will
need to be I a jam to do that

4.25/5  rDev +15.5%

3.25/5  rDev -11.7%

Philadelphia Pale Ale from Yards Brewing Co.