Still Here!

Gots
SCORE
n/a
Still Here!Still Here!
Notes: A farmhouse imperial stout brewed as an exclusive offering by The Rare Beer Club to support the Pints for Prostates campaign that was open fermented in oak fermenters using a house blend of wild yeast. Oats in the recipe were replaced with malted sunflower seeds, considered to be a beneficiary dietary component for prostate health. The beer was aged in neutral oak barrels and packaged still, which is how Atom has produced all of their stouts.
View: Beers
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 2 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Reviews by t420o:
4.31/5  rDev +2.4%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Atom Brewing Still Here

A - near black in color with some brown and ruby hues. Some dark brown bubbles on the side from the pour that go away quickly. No bubbles as it’s bottles still. Looks about as expected. 4

S - smell is a sweet chocolate at first that quickly goes into oak and a tart red wine smell from the wild yeast. Enticing. 4.25

T - taste follows the nose and is excellent. The wild yeast is the star of the show. The tart red wine characteristic is most present, and opposite of the nose, it finishes slightly sweet and chocolatey. There is a type of umami to this beer that I can’t put my finger on. It says it’s brewed with malted sunflower seeds, so maybe that’s it? It doesn’t come off nutty particularly but it’s excellent. 4.5

M - medium viscosity and no carbonation, as advertised. I’m torn on if I’d prefer this with a light carbonation or still. I definitely don’t mind that it’s still and the mouthfeel is very nice regardless. 4

O - I really enjoyed this. I’ll admit that this is right down my alley and I’ve enjoyed other dark beers with wild yeast. The tart with the sweeter dark malts is very pleasurable to my palate and this is something I’d love to be able to find more. 4.25

High A