Arcadia Dry-Hopped Whitsun | Arcadia Brewing Company

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Arcadia Brewing Company
Michigan, United States | website

Style: American Pale Wheat Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by GRPunk on 04-25-2010

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
Reviews by GRPunk:
3.91/5  rDev n/a

From a cask into a nonic pint at Graydon's Crossing.

A- The lighter carbonation of a cask left about a 1-1/2 finger, off-white head that just didn't go away and nice lacing on the glass. I perceived the body as a bit deeper, almost burnt orange.

S- Not as bold as I'd expect. Much of the wheaty/yeasty/fruity flavors of the traditional Whitsun, with a healthy dose of citrus/piny hops.

T- Initially, a bit odd. It was the Whitsun I know, with a real hop punch. It isn't overwhelming, so much as it really dries out the finish. Unexpectedly solid.

M- It came across as a touch thin, though I think the lighter carbonation played that up a bit. Hopping really made for a "dry" feel. Once I adjusted to the switch-up from a traditionally served Whitsun I remember, it was really quite pleasant.

D- I could see myself putting a few back in an evening. It got better as I drank and was quite a nice thirst-quencher.

Overall- It took me by surprise. Initially, I thought it was pretty mediocre. About half-way through the glass it really grew on me. The hoppy flavor and cask presentation really added a new dimension to a generally subtle pale wheat beer.

Arcadia Dry-Hopped Whitsun from Arcadia Brewing Company