Creemore Springs Premium Lager | Creemore Springs Brewery Limited

Creemore Springs Brewery Limited
Ontario, Canada
creemoresprings.com

Style: American Amber / Red Lager

Lager is made the world over, but Creemore Springs Premium Lager is one of a kind. In all our travels, we've never found another like it. From the start, we've fire-brewed our flagship beer to be unique. It’s always made with the best ingredients and a strict adherence to traditional brewing methods. It’s just different up here, and so is our lager.

Added by kbub6f on 10-05-2001

So tasty and enjoyable. I can't put my finger on why

4.73/5  rDev +24.1%

This is an outstanding beer. Always try to ger my hands on some when i'm up north. A must try!In my opionion its just a great, simple straight forward,good tasting brew! Wish it was more available to us here in the states.But it definetly makes a trip to the falls well worth the time.

4.72/5  rDev +23.9%

Wow, this beer breaks all of the rules. It pours a beautiful deep golden/red with a slightly off white thick head (which did not lace). The aroma is slightly malty with a mild slightly grassy aroma mixed with malt. This is a big beer with body and mouthfeel but with no aftertaste. It's flavorful but very clean and drinkable. I have yet to find a been in this category which is so well balanced. Nothing stands out, it just all melds perfectly together.

4.66/5  rDev +22.3%

Very smooth beer, golden brown. Has a subtle sweet aftertaste. Makes me feel cozy on the inside.

4.63/5  rDev +21.5%

It might be nostalgia, but I considered Creemore Springs Premium Lager to be a classic when I drank it back in the early N0 N00s.

Creemore Springs pours out as a fantastic amber color with a lovely aroma of malt and hops jumping out the glass. The taste was the crown. Fantastic. It's what made me want to explore the craft brewing world. It's smooth, creamy with enough hoppyness to make you drink more.
It was always my top classed beer, without doubt.

4.63/5  rDev +21.5%

Pours a nice dark amber color with have inch frothy head and moderate carbonation. Smell is very malty and nutty. This thing is packed with nutty flavor and slightly bitter. Goes down extremely smooth. This beer is frickin' awesome and wish I could get my hands on some more, but unfortunately won't be heading to Canada in the near future.

4.62/5  rDev +21.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Taken from a 500ml brown topedo with an old-style malt liquor twist top. I heard no seal crack as I bent the lid off, but there was a poof of escaping gas.
In color it is a reduced honey yellow. Very deep and multifaceted in hue, this beer launches a short, thin sheet of mousse. The aromas it contains are all fruit: melon rind, muscat, peach, nectarine together with their stones. A seductive nose. On the palate it is chewy for a lager, with fortissimo, intersecting layers of caramel, cane and toast. Clear, clean bursts of fruit accompany a thick carpet of tannic pepper and mint flavors. The finish is cleansing, bitter.
I've been encourged by recent efforts from Canada. Brilliant, stylish entries such as this one and Mill St. Organic Lager, not to mention fresh Walkerville, contrasts with the cookie-cutter aspects of the scene in the USA.

4.6/5  rDev +20.7%

4.58/5  rDev +20.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Based on the reviews, it seems there is a big difference between those who have had it on draught and those who have had it in a bottle.

On draught, Creemore has a fantastic look, feel and flavor - quite reminiscent of Fat Tire.

4.58/5  rDev +20.2%

and so this is a beer of many things for me: Lives, lifestyles, memories, highs .lows, friendships, homes. I've been drinking this beer for 10+ years and it is this beer that I owe to givng me the key to unlocking and appreciating quality brewing. but I don't want to give the impression that this is a purely emotional review. Lager is not my favorite style, but this is an exception. and even though I live in the land of lager(as in yuengling) this is a wonderufl drinkable beer, quality made. this is the one and only regular beer from this brewery and is mostly drunk in the province. Luckily, I still have friends that are wonderful enough to smuggle some of this to me south of the border.
so the review- the color of this beer is exceptional, wonderful amber bronze color a clarity and wispy full white head that speaks of good clear canadian water. Even in a bottle a bit aged, the head stands up well. Aroma strongly of fresh-baked bread with a hint of alchohol. this fresh-baked bread taste permeates the drinkability. Straightforward, strong flavor of malt, flavor starts clear and strong and finshes with a full mouthfeel with a hint of sweetness. the fresh falvor asserts itself but fades gradually through the sip(or gulp), leaving a a clean sensation at the finish. Pure, unadulturated Canadian quality in a glass. highly recommended for all levels of beer drinking appreciation. worth hunting for if you can find some, best recommendation is to visit T.O. Ontario. either way its win-win for me, as your loss is my gain and my pleasure again and again. This is truly a sublime beer.

4.56/5  rDev +19.7%

4.55/5  rDev +19.4%

473 ml can. No freshness date. Nice touch of malt sweetness, mild bitterness. No unpleasant or off-flavors whatsoever. Really an extremely drinkable lager, quite delicious, not as amber in color as I would have expected but Canada craft brewing seems to be continuing to step up their game. Way to go America's hat.

4.55/5  rDev +19.4%

Delightfuly wonderful, Looks nice, smells nice, tastes great, nice and smooth and extremely drinkable. I can't believe i've overlooked this beer so many times in the past. By far my favorite example of this style. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

4.55/5  rDev +19.4%

Another beer I've enjoyed before, but never really took the time to review. Here goes...

Poured a clear light-copper-gold into a tall pilsner glass. Head was moderate, and died down fairly quickly, but retained a small amount throughout and left lacing on the glass. I really like the light coppery colour...looks nice.

Smells nice, too. Full is the word that comes to mind. This is the first beer I've smelled that I actually somehow understood the way that people use the word "biscuit" on this site. Malty, too. Smells good.

Taste is where this beer really takes off. My goodness. It's a truly exceptional lager. Rich. Full, again, like with the smell, but moreso, and balanced as well. There's light sweetness, some citrusy acid, and mild bitterness all in nice proportions and the interplay is really pleasant. It's a dangerous beer. Mouthfeel is really good; drinking another right away is a serious temptation, and all that stands in the way is willpower. Certainly, the beer holds that door wide open.

Definitely recommended. I'd enjoy this most in spring and fall, and on summer evenings after the heat of the day, or quite easily in winter after hockey, too.

Creemore Springs Premium Lager from Creemore Springs Brewery Limited