Creemore Springs Premium Lager | Creemore Springs Brewery Limited

Creemore Springs Brewery Limited
Ontario, Canada
creemoresprings.com

Style: American Amber / Red Lager

Lager is made the world over, but Creemore Springs Premium Lager is one of a kind. In all our travels, we've never found another like it. From the start, we've fire-brewed our flagship beer to be unique. It’s always made with the best ingredients and a strict adherence to traditional brewing methods. It’s just different up here, and so is our lager.

Added by kbub6f on 10-05-2001

4.58/5  rDev +20.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Based on the reviews, it seems there is a big difference between those who have had it on draught and those who have had it in a bottle.

On draught, Creemore has a fantastic look, feel and flavor - quite reminiscent of Fat Tire.

look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

A - Orange body, clear, with a short white head, wispy but persistent, and definite but mild lacing. A beautiful pour.

S - Harsh grain note out front, with honey and floral notes, a bit of spice and black tea.

T - The flavor is clean, with a bright open of malty sweet tea, honey, a hint of lemon, and a close slightly bitter, with a definite acidic tang.

M - Very solid carbonation, bright, with a smart brisk close.

O - This is a lager that is easy to love. The nose is a bit harsh, but everything else is pure smooth cleanliness.

So tasty and enjoyable. I can't put my finger on why

3.75/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.49/5  rDev -8.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

4.25/5  rDev +11.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.67/5  rDev -3.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I have enjoyed Creemore since I first encountered it in the early 90s. It looks great in a glass - a lovely copper with an inch a white foamy head. To me, it comes up short in the aroma department - there simply isn't much going on. The taste is lovely - bready, caramel malt with a bit of black pepper and hop at the end. A sixer of of these beauties can disappear in a hurry. To me, this is Canada's Anchor Steam - a delicious, original beer.

3.53/5  rDev -7.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

4.38/5  rDev +15%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

3.82/5  rDev +0.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

3.78/5  rDev -0.8%

473ml can into nonic pint. "B1115 12:47" printed on the bottom of the can -- this probably means that the beer was canned/packaged on february 11, 2015. enjoyed on february 24, 2015

a: transparent light copper topped by two and a half fingers of white head

s: a weak aroma consisting of grainy, grassy biscuits & caramel, floral qualities, and slight metallic and skunky notes

t: biscuit, grains, caramel, bread, toasted malt and grass topped by a nice floral hop bitterness. none of the off-notes from the aroma are present in the taste

m: medium carbonation, light-to-medium body

o: a tasty amber lager with an aroma that could use some work. i would happily have a few of these in one sitting

4.13/5  rDev +8.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.85/5  rDev +1%

3.49/5  rDev -8.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

A: crystal clear; amber colored; 1 finger off white head that receded to a thin cap; OK lacing;

S: grainy, a little herbal, a little DMS;

T: follows the nose, but the DMS is stronger; a little malt sweetness at mid-palate; light to moderate bitterness that build from mid-palate to the finish;

M: light to medium bodied; moderate to high carbonation; not as crisp as I would expect; moderately dry finish;

O: good, bot nothing to seek out;

3.7/5  rDev -2.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

4.13/5  rDev +8.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Discovered creemore on tap at Dooly's in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada ( my hometown) and loved it. Began trying all their products I could get my hands on. I'm by no means an expert, I'm still experimenting with different beers, but creemore products - especially the lager and bock- are definitely my favorite as of yet

4.06/5  rDev +6.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

4.4/5  rDev +15.5%

4.5/5  rDev +18.1%

4.56/5  rDev +19.7%

Creemore Springs Premium Lager
The look of it is fantastic. I mean when there is low light the beer have that brown color and when you put that beer on the light it turns yellow. Very nice head. A very nice looking. The carbonation is really light but it is there in your mouth.
The smell of it you have that hops coming to your nose. Very different smell that the Molson Dry or the Moosehead.
Now the taste is wow. Very nice and sweet. Goes down very easily. Completely different that those industrial Molson Dry or the Moosehead. I am not a big fan of a Lager but damn this one is my favorite. I find it a little bit too watery on my side on the after taste. Wish it could have more punch. I enjoy drinking that beer. It was nice and smooth during the barbecue. I hope that Creemore will stay the same.
So overall would I recommend it ? Im general a Big YES. As a Lager this is one of the best. It goes down very easily, a little bit on the watery after taste, but overall there is nothing to complain expect that the price is a bit hight compare to a Moosehead but way much better taste than the competition.

Pours a copper like amber color with a creamy two finger head. Creemore Springs has hints of hops and sweet caramel that is a pleasant tasting beer, and remains a top notch beer to enjoy time and time again. For me, this is one of the most flavorful beers from Ontario, and it's among my favorite beers.

4.6/5  rDev +20.7%