Coffee Porter | Tustin Brewing Company

Awaiting More Ratings

Tustin Brewing Company
tustinbrewery.com

Style: American Porter

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by womencantsail on 08-07-2012

Reviews by the Alström Bros:

None found.

4.35/5  rDev 0%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

This is what every working man should have in his coffee tumbler at 7:00AM printing off the weekly TPS reports in the office. Tustin Brew Co. really nailed it with this one, and rightfully so considering they won a gold medal at GABF. This is on par with other top-notch Tustin Brew Co. beers like OE Barleywine and Saber Tooth Squirrel.

When I got this beer, it came out looking like a stout. For a porter, it was dark as molasses with a strong head on it. Immediately on the nose is a burst of fresh coffee. I mean major coffee. This is one hell of a coffee beer. The coffee is really balanced and still leaves room for the dark roast and chocolate to come through. I could have easily kept sniffing this beer all night. After a couple tastes, I was in heaven. While the body and mouthfeel wasn't huge like a stout, this porter is not far behind. No alcohol heat, no astringent flavors. Flavor was rich in coffee, dark roast, and chocolate. I realize this is a porter, but I could imagine how good this beer is after spending time in a bourbon barrel.

I am thoroughly impressed with this beer. Compared to other beers in its category like Surly Coffee Bender, this beer nails the style. I could easily drink a growler of this. I do hope TBC continues to put out solid beers that compete with major breweries across the country.

4/5  rDev 0%

Pours dark brown in color with a khaki colored head. Not surprisingly, nose is full of coffee. A bit of dark chocolate, roasted malt, and cocoa. Mostly just coffee, maybe some coffee grounds. A light toffee sweetness to the beer, but like the nose, quite a lot of coffee. Some roasted malt, dark chocolate, and a hint of bitterness. Liked this one quite a bit.

Coffee Porter from Tustin Brewing Company