Porter | Real Ale Brewing Company

Real Ale Brewing Company
Texas, United States
realalebrewing.com

Style: American Porter

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by elNopalero on 07-12-2012

4.4

Reviews by elNopalero:
4.5/5  rDev 0%

This is Real Ale’s Coffee Porter… without the coffee. (Maybe? I was told by a server it didn’t have any coffee but the boards said it was the coffee porter. Apologies for the confusion.) Cask conditioned and dry hopped it develops an identity of its own while still retaining the characteristics and qualities of its original brew.

This looks like thick cola. It’s coffee colored with a cocoa-colored foam. Smells like a pot of joe—just this incredible roasty aroma (even without the coffee) that makes my mouth water. I get a great roasty flavor on this, with coffee notes, a little bit of dark chocolate, lots of French press dark roast, with a defining bitterness midpoint and an all-around goodness to it. I do love me some porters and this was a good one.

4/5  rDev 0%