Strawberry Blonde

SCORE
Okay
Strawberry BlondeStrawberry Blonde
Notes: None
Recent ratings and reviews. | Log in to view more ratings + sorting options.
by HarrisonHudson

Disgusting, I literally made an account simply for reviewing this beer. I am pretty accepting of most beers, but this is just a strawberry flavored Budweiser in my mouth. If the brewers are reading this, you should be ashamed to be selling this strawberry flavored piss water.

Jun 23, 2021

3.25 by mpenske from California on May 09, 2021

3.5 by jstern from California on Sep 07, 2020

3.92 by evanwoertz from California on May 01, 2018
3.24/5  rDev +6.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3
by LeeryLeprechaun from Colorado

Clearly flavored with strawberry extract. Weird aftertaste. Base beer ok.

Oct 15, 2017

4 by trocketsauced from New York on Jun 23, 2017
3.48/5  rDev +14.1%
by caveman from Connecticut

Tasted from 220z bottle into clean beer glass. poured clean
Color. straw good carbonation.
Smell. Nice strawberry, not to over powering.
Mouth Feel. Was good, nice upfront sharpness. found mid palate to be thin.
Taste. Nice strawberry undertones. Not overpowering

All in all its a nice summer sipper. I personally wanted a little more body or a little more strawberry.

May 20, 2017
4.55/5  rDev +49.2%
by floorguy105 from California

My nephew bought this beer at Albertons. Left it in our frig. and my wife and I opened it up and were pleasantly surprised.
Yes, it's a fruity beer, but done tastefully and not overwhelmingly I have tasted many beers over the years and I have always leaned toward lighter ales, especially as I got older. I personally do not like hoppy beers which are common among
the younger crowd. So to the person that says this beer is the worst beer and tastes like cat litter, I say that what the hoppy beer tastes like to me! Keep it up, Belmont Brewing Company, you have a winner in our house. By the way, did i tell you I went back to stock up on this beer!

Apr 23, 2017

4 by BrewskiBrandon from Missouri on Sep 16, 2016
3.2/5  rDev +4.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3
by WoodBrew from Ohio

Trying the Strawberry Blonde at the brewery. It poured a clear golden with white head that is leaving a spotty lace. The scent is undoubtedly strawberrys. The taste is way to sweet and strawberry for me. The Mouthfeel is lighter in body with good carbonation. Overall it's ok if you like fruit beer.

Sep 13, 2016

2 by Michael_Lopez from California on Apr 06, 2016
4.28/5  rDev +40.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25
by Nrose1985 from California

It is very rare that I feel a fruit beer is done right. I personally detest the designation "fruit beer" when it come to finely crafted brews such as this. All too often I find brewers are far too over the top with the fruit that it makes the product undrinkable. I drink beer because I like beer. If I wanted a strawberry juice cocktail, well, I'd simply make one of those. So many times I've picked up a bottle of strawberry beer and felt like I took a huge swig of strawberry soda, which might be fine in its own right, but when you're expecting to taste beer it provokes a gag reflex from me. So, it is with much celebration that I confirm this is a damn fine BEER. The strawberry notes are very forward on the nose which is quite pleasant, especially when tempered with the mildness of the pallet. This is an extremely refreshing and enjoyable brew for a warm summer day and with enough complexity to satisfy a beer enthusiast. I'm so happy I found this on the shelf and even happier to find it is brewed year-round. So, if you want a mouthful of strawberries in your beer, look elswhere (shouldn't be too hard as practically every other product fits that bill). If you love beer and want to be intrigued with the alluring scent and delicacy of a finely crafted ale, give this a try.

Mar 24, 2016

3.11 by Luiz0930 from California on Feb 22, 2016
2.98/5  rDev -2.3%
by krashman71 from California

Reminiscent of a lightly flavored sparkling Boones strawberry hill. I'm sure some will love it.

Jan 07, 2016

2.64 by jeff1973 from California on Jan 03, 2016

2.82 by MtOrion from Nebraska on Aug 27, 2015
4.05/5  rDev +32.8%
by Jackolope from California

It was hot as balls today so I wanted something light and refreshing. I let my lady choose and she wanted this one because she loves strawberries. It was only 5 bucks so I played along, but I got to say, it was pretty good. I don't know exactly why I liked it because I don't usually like fruited beer, but this one did the trick. It smelled like strawberries and had a faint hint of berry taste without being too strong. Very refreshing. I kinda wanted another one after I finished the first, so I say 4 stars.

Aug 17, 2015

3.25 by SoCaliC8 from Idaho on Jan 17, 2014

2.75 by Moheban from California on Dec 21, 2013
2.75/5  rDev -9.8%
by TruePerception from California

(Previous review, transferred from beer journal)

Belmont Brewing Co's Strawberry Blonde: Appearance: pale yellow; Smell: decent amount of strawberry scent, touch of wheat; Taste/Mouthfeel: strong wheat taste, almost non-existent strawberry flavor; okay-ish

Poured into a pint glass.

Aug 30, 2013