Strawberry Blonde | Belmont Brewing Company

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by BeerAdvocate on 11-17-2003

3.48/5  rDev +13.7%

Tasted from 220z bottle into clean beer glass. poured clean
Color. straw good carbonation.
Smell. Nice strawberry, not to over powering.
Mouth Feel. Was good, nice upfront sharpness. found mid palate to be thin.
Taste. Nice strawberry undertones. Not overpowering

All in all its a nice summer sipper. I personally wanted a little more body or a little more strawberry.

4.55/5  rDev +48.7%

My nephew bought this beer at Albertons. Left it in our frig. and my wife and I opened it up and were pleasantly surprised.
Yes, it's a fruity beer, but done tastefully and not overwhelmingly I have tasted many beers over the years and I have always leaned toward lighter ales, especially as I got older. I personally do not like hoppy beers which are common among
the younger crowd. So to the person that says this beer is the worst beer and tastes like cat litter, I say that what the hoppy beer tastes like to me! Keep it up, Belmont Brewing Company, you have a winner in our house. By the way, did i tell you I went back to stock up on this beer!

3.2/5  rDev +4.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

Trying the Strawberry Blonde at the brewery. It poured a clear golden with white head that is leaving a spotty lace. The scent is undoubtedly strawberrys. The taste is way to sweet and strawberry for me. The Mouthfeel is lighter in body with good carbonation. Overall it's ok if you like fruit beer.

4.28/5  rDev +39.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

It is very rare that I feel a fruit beer is done right. I personally detest the designation "fruit beer" when it come to finely crafted brews such as this. All too often I find brewers are far too over the top with the fruit that it makes the product undrinkable. I drink beer because I like beer. If I wanted a strawberry juice cocktail, well, I'd simply make one of those. So many times I've picked up a bottle of strawberry beer and felt like I took a huge swig of strawberry soda, which might be fine in its own right, but when you're expecting to taste beer it provokes a gag reflex from me. So, it is with much celebration that I confirm this is a damn fine BEER. The strawberry notes are very forward on the nose which is quite pleasant, especially when tempered with the mildness of the pallet. This is an extremely refreshing and enjoyable brew for a warm summer day and with enough complexity to satisfy a beer enthusiast. I'm so happy I found this on the shelf and even happier to find it is brewed year-round. So, if you want a mouthful of strawberries in your beer, look elswhere (shouldn't be too hard as practically every other product fits that bill). If you love beer and want to be intrigued with the alluring scent and delicacy of a finely crafted ale, give this a try.

3.11/5  rDev +1.6%

2.98/5  rDev -2.6%

Reminiscent of a lightly flavored sparkling Boones strawberry hill. I'm sure some will love it.

2.64/5  rDev -13.7%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.82/5  rDev -7.8%

4.05/5  rDev +32.4%

It was hot as balls today so I wanted something light and refreshing. I let my lady choose and she wanted this one because she loves strawberries. It was only 5 bucks so I played along, but I got to say, it was pretty good. I don't know exactly why I liked it because I don't usually like fruited beer, but this one did the trick. It smelled like strawberries and had a faint hint of berry taste without being too strong. Very refreshing. I kinda wanted another one after I finished the first, so I say 4 stars.

2.41/5  rDev -21.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

3.25/5  rDev +6.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

2.99/5  rDev -2.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

3.5/5  rDev +14.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

2.97/5  rDev -2.9%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

3.55/5  rDev +16%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

2.39/5  rDev -21.9%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

3.75/5  rDev +22.5%