Summit Extra Pale Ale | Summit Brewing Company

3.7/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 1,248 |  Reviews: 458

3.91/5  rDev +5.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

Appearance: Pours awesome golden color with orange tones…tons of bubbles on the inside…off white head about the width of my thumb…overall, a very enticing look…(4.25/5)

Smell: Grassy and barley malts…very crisp with classic pale malts…(3.75/5)

Taste: Sweet and bready at first then citrusy and piney hops…nothing is too strong, a very balanced taste…some bitterness towards the end…crisp and refreshing…(4/5)

Mouthfeel: Light with mild carbonation…it comes and goes very smoothly only leaving a bit of bitterness across the palette after swallowing…(3.5/5)

Overall: A very nice and refreshing pale ale…the flavor is fantastic and well balanced, not the normal hopfest that I usually stray towards…the extra pale malts & barley really bring about a taste that is noticeably different from an ordinary pale ale (as it should, I guess)…super drinkable, this brew is perfect for all occasions and comes recommended…(4/5)

2.23/5  rDev -39.7%

My uncle told me that he picked this up as "make your own six pack"... Excellent thought, but I find that these are dreadfully old and well past their prime.... lets see how it this one is

A: pours a light orange-brown, with minimal head formation. spotted lacing is observed. when held up to the light it becomes very transparent

S: huge biscuit notes, malt, hops, walnut and slight spices. I strongly feel that this one is too old to be appreciated.

T: hops, grains, slight malt, water. no balance whatsoever.

M: very light, flat, leaves a hoppy dryness on the palate. no carbonation whatsoever.

O: I can only assume that this brew is not exactly meant to be consumed at this time. Its so damn flat. I tried to be as generous as I could with my review.

3.7/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Winter sample. Poured from a twelve ounce bottle into a pint glass.

Pours crystal clear copper, with good white foam atop. Light bready malt nose. Soft flowery malt taste, buttery throughout. Minor hop in the back. Simple/refined pale ale. Good sessionable beer. Solid flavor.

3.64/5  rDev -1.6%

Pours light reddish golden with a minimal head. Bubbly enough. Thin-looking.
I got mostly breads and grains out of the smell, but quite nice.
This is a nice taste of light hops and then balanced malts. I don't believe I've ever had an English style ipa. Bitter throughout. Pleasant, rich for a lighter brew. Not complex. Nice for what's there.
Nice bitter linger and a decent mouthfeel.
Overall I did dig this. I'm not picky and this makes me curious as to what other English ipa styles taste like.

3.73/5  rDev +0.8%

Semi-clear amber, with a nice, thick head of carbonation. Lace is lovely thick cobweb-like.

Nose says more amber ale, as I get more toasty grains than hops.

Flavor echoes this. Seems sweetly malty, pleasant, with a touch of citrus hops later on the palate. Expect a well-done English-style pale ale, rather than a hoppy American pale, and you'll be alright.

That said, this is solid and sessionable, for certain, but not one I'd look to again.

Summit Extra Pale Ale from Summit Brewing Company