Summit Pilsener | Summit Brewing Company

summitbrewing.com

Style: Czech Pilsener

Added by garymuchow on 12-30-2001

3.91/5  rDev +8.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.75/5  rDev +4.5%

3.25/5  rDev -9.5%

2.75/5  rDev -23.4%

4.5/5  rDev +25.3%

This is the beer that helped me decide to learn more about beer. I bought a summer selection of Summit beers and liked this one better than the other three in the sampler. It is the first time a beer really struck me as, "Man this is good." After tasting this beer, I started asking my friends who either knew about or brewed their own beers to tell me the differences between the way different beers are brewed.

I may find other brewers and other beers that I enjoy more but this is the one that influenced me to learn more about beer. I have a loyalty to this style and this brewery.

I brew wine from scratch and from kits. I understand that brewing beer is different and more complicated. I am enjoying learning about both.

4.6/5  rDev +28.1%

4.52/5  rDev +25.9%

3.4/5  rDev -5.3%

3.8/5  rDev +5.8%

3.56/5  rDev -0.8%

Pale golden color. White head. Very nice aroma. Better than some pale ales. Not much hops, as expected. Easy drinking taste. Malts, with light hops present. This is a pleasant, well done pilsener, and is faithful to the style, but, personally, I prefer a stronger taste (which is why I don't often buy pils). Refreshing to drink. Matches up well against the classic European pilseners. I recommend it to those who are looking for an American pilsener.

Summit Pilsener from Summit Brewing Company