Summit Hefe Weizen | Summit Brewing Company

Added by ADR on 05-31-2002

firstprev| 76-100 | 101-125 | 126-150  | next → last
Reviews: 128 | Ratings: 180
2.43/5  rDev -33.4%

The appearance was slighty cloudy, with a very slight head. Pale yellow in color, what I would expect from this type of beer. The smell had a decent aroma of wheat, not overpowering but present. I actually had high hopes for this beer, but the taste had a metallic aftertaste. Not sure if it was from the brewing process or the fact the the bottle purchased may have been too old. In any event, the aftertaste took something away from this beer. I thought it was well carbonated and had a good mouthfeel. I just couldn't get past the aftertaste. I would try this beer again, but only if I could be sure that the beer was fresh. Never buy off the shelf marked for sale!

1.92/5  rDev -47.4%

Flowery hefe; what can i say - tastes like dishsoap to me.

A: Golden color with a thick head

S: Smells soapy; not a good start.

T: Tastes soapy. Very flowery (not bitter hops, but flowers) flavor to it. Not sure if that is a fermentation issue or the hops, but i feel like im drinking Palmolive.

M: SG 1.015 maybe? Medium carbonation.

D: The taste really throws me off, so hard to judge. Seems like the gravity and mouthfeel is fine, so probably drinkable if you like floiwery beers.

1.18/5  rDev -67.7%

I received a bottle of this from tavernjef (thanks!). But, something was terribly wrong. This beer was absolutely horrible. The 3/8" of yeast sitting in the bottom may be a clue, but the first sip was putrid - like vomit. I spit it out, looked it over, and tried another sip. Poured the rest down the drain. The worst tasting fermented garbage I have ever had. I had to wash my mouth out with Scope to get rid of the taste. Looking at the other reviews, I got a bad bottle or something.

firstprev| 76-100 | 101-125 | 126-150  | next → last