Summit Sága IPA | Summit Brewing Company

Summit Brewing Company
Minnesota, United States
summitbrewing.com

Style: American IPA

Named after the Norse goddess Sága, drinking companion of the God Odin. With a divine tropical fruit hop aroma and clean, assertive bitterness.

Added by JackieTH on 05-08-2012

Ratings: 1,354 |  Reviews: 204

4.84/5  rDev +22.8%

Hoppy with just the right bite.

4.84/5  rDev +22.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Pours a hazy golden color, nice head.

Smell is heavy grapefruit, pineapple, mango, pine, lemon, floral, bready malt.

Taste is a citrus, tropical bomb. Grapefruit is the big stand out, lemon, pine, mango, orange, bitter back end, bready malt underneath

Mouthfeel is medium, moderate carbonation, finishes very dry, leaves you wanting more.

Overall.... This beer is strait up world class, and wait for it... It costs 11.49 for a 12 pack. I always have a 12 on hand, as should anyone that can get summit 12s in there area. I love Torpedo as much as the next guy, but this beer is better, I still buy Torpedo from time to time but that is for that west coast pine bitterness, if you want strait tropic, citrus, pine hop flavor go with Saga.

4.78/5  rDev +21.3%

As you can tell by my scores ... I flipping LOVE this beer. In fact, it just might be my new favorite. Not just my favorite IPA or beer from Summit ... I mean my favorite beer period!

The pour and the smell are nothing extraordinary or special. It's just like every other IPA.

But the taste is divine. When tasters "talk" or write of perfect balance, they ought to be mentioning Summit Saga IPA. I like hoppy beer, and this beer has plenty of them. Sharp and bitter, the hoppiness satisfies my desire for good IPA. But the hoppiness doesn't overwhelm or become too bitter (ahem ... Surly). The bitter fruit is a counter to the alcohol and bitter malts.

Overall, when I am at my local watering hole of Hopkins Tavern, I ask for a Summit Saga IPA most of the time.

In perfect honesty, I must say that O'Dell's IPA is darn close to this one!

Summit Sága IPA from Summit Brewing Company