Hofbräu Dunkel | Hofbräuhaus München

hofbraeuhaus.de

Style: Munich Dunkel Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 01-18-2003

Ratings: 1,210 |  Reviews: 354

My FAVORITE beer of all time, draft at my nearest Hofbrauhaus in Cincinatti, NICE flavor rich taste.. the king of beer

Love it!

Ah yes! The best beer in the world! I can't say any negative reviws on this beer. I've enjoyed this personal favorite for such a long time. The foam was a nice antique beigh with a deep rich aroma. The color is a dark amber red. Nothing compares to the taste in my opinion. A smooth, rich and robust taste with a plethora of complex smells. The mouthfeel was smooth and medium-bodied. If I had to live off
just kind of beer for the rest of my life, this would be it.

This is perfect beer IMO - Now, Put 12 oz. in the GD bottle! And use a brown bottle, ffs.
Poured into 2017 New Belgium art goblet.
Beautiful, deep clear dark amber rust. Smallish head, dissipated quickly.
Aromas of perfection: roast caramel toffee malts, a pure freshness, altitude...
Tastes like the nose, but yet stays light crisp, not as sweet as expected, and absolutely awesome.
Medium feel, dry clean finish. I am looking for a local craft brewery to make a clone of this!

Excellent. If you've never had a Dunkel I'd try this one first. Great taste, great feel, great beer

I can enough of this beer. My all time favorite. Hands down one of the best in my opinion. My brother went on holiday to Germany and mention about this great beer he had. Turns out las Vegas has a Hofbrauhaus. I had a stein and I fell in love with it ever since.

Dark in color. Smells and tastes like bread (from oats?) It tastes like sweet bread. Good medium body. Easy to drink, smooth and balanced. I thoroughly enjoy it.

4.94/5  rDev +31.4%

amazingly awesome this is a hell of a dunkel

4.94/5  rDev +31.4%

This IS my favorite beer!

4.88/5  rDev +29.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Thi sia a classic German beer that holds its own. Poured form the bottle, it holds a nice head with great carbonation throughout the bottle. Its has a clean finish and a solid taste. Its amazing what 3 simple ingredients can make. If you are looking for a classic Bavarian beer, Hofbrau Dunkel is the one. The medium brown color and the extra flavor lends itself to the drinker who enjoys a traditional beer with a solid backbone of flavour. This is an overall great tasting beer with a solid body that stands up through the entire beer from bottle to glass to stomach.

4.85/5  rDev +29%

By far, my favorite beer of all. The flavors in this beer explode along with the wonderful aroma of caramel. I usually have two liters of this great beer on tap, at the Heidelberg in NYC, the food and beer are fantastic, I have never been disappointed. I have serious trouble trying to keep my glass on the bar.

4.84/5  rDev +28.7%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Amazing beer. Best served in a Hofbrauhaus mug!

4.83/5  rDev +28.5%
look: 5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

On draft at Hofbrahaus Pittsburgh.

Poured into a liter stein... A solid 2"-3" of head. Beautiful rub hue, excellent clarity.

Aroma is sweet malt and caramel. Taste follows the nose with wonderful malt, biscuit and caramel sweetness. Well carbonated, mouth feel is excellent.

Very delicious and easy drinking beer. It has been a few years since I had this one and I was very impressed on the re-visit.

4.8/5  rDev +27.7%

First of all, a lot of the reviews on this page are refering to a Hofbrauhouse in Vegas or Kentucky...
Vegas is for gambling
Kentucky is for horse racing

Germany is for Beer!

This Hofbräu is from Germany...

I found this to be a nice dark brown brew which had a nice head that lingered around for the entire pint drinking experience.
I like this beer, good classic German Dunkel.
I could have a lot of these with a couple of bbq'd brauts or soft, warm, fresh baked pretzels.
Great taste.

A message for the other Hofbrau drinkers : Try this beer and you'll go back to Vegas or Kentucky and let the other guys know that their beer doesn't hold a candle to the German version!

4.79/5  rDev +27.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

I'm biased as this is my favorite beer of all time. Wonderful dunkel.

Hofbräu Dunkel from Hofbräuhaus München