Gueuze De Koninck

Gots
SCORE
n/a
Gueuze De KoninckGueuze De Koninck
Notes: This was produced by De Neve (under Belle-Vue ownership) from 1977 until De Neve closed in 1992.

Frank Boon has produced it since then.
View: Beers
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 7 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Jow from Belgium

4.37/5  rDev +18.4%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Tastes in between a gueuze timmermans and a gueuze marriage parfait of boon.

Really good stuff and is very sour but not as much as the timmermans.

Nice gueuze for an unknown brand...!

Mar 15, 2016
BearsOnAcid from Washington

3.31/5  rDev -10.3%

I think this was a bottle from 2009. The best by date said 2029. 750ml

Clear golden color. Pillowy white head. Very effervescent.
Strong brett and lemons in the aroma. Must, vanilla sweetness, sweat, and hay. Taste is more brett forward and has a light bile flavored acidity. Dry bitter brett finish. The beer leaves a ghostly fresh green apple flavor on the tongue which is interesting.

Nov 18, 2010
ccrida from Oregon

4.55/5  rDev +23.3%

I picked up a bottle of this at the Biere Temple in Brussels, and drank it in Paris. I didn't realize it was apparently so rare and till I tried to review it from my notes and found only one reference to it, here:
Too bad, I would have taken a picture, or more likely, brought a few bottles home...I don't even remember what the label looked like, and that was only a week or so ago...but I drank so much gueuze during that trip! =)
Anyways, poured into my Supra tumbler, Gueuze De Koninck (while I recognize this is the reverse of the name in the above reference, my notes are generally fastidious, particularly for the name) is a dark, dirty gold with a big white head that leaves heavy lace.

Smell is great, nice tropical fruit and honey, with light funk.

Taste is initially funky, sour lemons, but not overly acidic, more of a dry, mineral saison like character, nice bready malt, light sweetness and great balance. Honestly, I prefer very strong acidity, which is the only reason this didn't get a five, but make no mistake, it is excellent.

Mouthfeel is dry and crisp, with a medium light body.

Drinkability is high for a gueuze, just an exceptionally nice taste, very refined and satisfy. Dang it, why didn't I bring any of this home????

Oct 22, 2009