Leffe Tripel | Abbaye de Leffe S.A.

Leffe TripelLeffe Tripel

3.85/5
Alströms:

firstprev| 201-225 | 226-250 | 251-275  | next → last
3.12/5  rDev -19%

Pouring the beer in my tulip tasting glas first you notice is that its far from clear. A big haze is there and in my glass it looks like in a snowstorm, lots of small particles. Because I noticed this I only poured out about 75% of the beer.
Very nice white head and a koreander/yeasty arome to be noticed. Litle malt to be noticeted too but hard to find it back in the taste of the beer wich is mostly a combination of koreander and bitterness. Aftertaste is dry and litle bitter.
Not my kind of tripel.

4.1/5  rDev +6.5%

(330 ml bottle, bought in Denmark. ABV was 8.5%.) Hazy golden colour, large lasting head. Strong sweetish yeasty and fruity aroma. Flavour is sweet but not cloying, yeasty and spicy (cloves), reasonably malty with a decent hoppy bitterness which leaves a pleasant aftertaste. Not a bad triple, but like others of this style the yeast is a bit too dominant to be "perfect" in my book. I won’t mind having another one, though.

3.7/5  rDev -3.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Hazy deep blonde-light orange with floaties. good creamy head that is very persistant, fine carbonation.

Sweet candy floss and light caramel with heavy and piercing spice aromas.

Front palate is swamped with strong menthol flavours as the aftertaste is high burning alcohol and spice. This palate is well balanced as there is a pronounced sweet flavour, but it is leveld out well with the spiciness.

I guess this is the pick of the Leffe range, being less sweet is a bonus in my book.

A large persistent foamy head. The body is of an opaque golden color. The smell is sweet, yeasty and citric. I had an impression of carrot once, but not this time. The taste is of sweet citrus and spices. very yeasty. Very floral and herbal hoppiness, with a certain fruitiness too (peaches). The alcohol is fairly noticeable, and lowers the beer’s drinkability in my opinion. Mouthfeel is round and smooth, very enjoyable.

4.22/5  rDev +9.6%

Presentation: 33 cl bottle brought from Belgium on my first trip in Sept. '03. Appearance: Pours a semi-tranparent, light golden color in a Leffe goblet. I botched the pour and had a lot of small brown yeast particles floating aroound. The bubbles kept them moving around, but most of it settled out in about 10 minutes. There was a sizeable very white fluffy head that stuck around a good long time.

The aroma was sweet, flowery, and had that distint aroma that shouts out "I'm from Belgium". I also noticed citrusy (sweet grapefruit?) and very light earthy aroma (probably from the yeast I poured into the glass). Flavor: Bright, crisp and clean. Fruity and sweet- moreso than most triples I've had. Includes a nice gentle alcohol tingle. Very refreshing and a nice balance of flavors. After several tastes, there was a flavor I knew was there and couldn't put my finger on- afterwards, I realized the word I wanted was buttery. This beer is sweet and buttery (what a revelation to a new reviewer!). Once the beer warmed a little and the yeast had settled out, I noticed a bit more of the hoppy tang.

Overall: I enjoyed this beer, although it may not be as complex as some other triples. Because of its sweetness, I probably wouldn't drink a lot of these, but I would like to try it again.

4.55/5  rDev +18.2%

Very nice brew.

Pours a dark golden-orangy tone with a creamy white head, dense but not too large. Very full of smell with ranging wheat, malts and some hops.

The taste and mouthfeel, heavy, with sweet wheaty and maltyness and some fruity spin at the end. A bit devious since the ABV is clearly hidden. Very nice anyways.

3.62/5  rDev -6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A very good Belgian brew. The high alcohol-by-volume makes it a low-nightly-consumption brew. It pours out a balanced golden color, with a slight tint of depth in its color. The aroma is quite floral with notes of fruit and spice. A very respectable bier, and one that I would recommend to someone beginning their trip through the realm of the Belgians. Prost!

4.38/5  rDev +13.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This is a very nice beer, it pours cloudy golden together with a nice white frothy head that settles perfectly with about 1cm of foam left on top. Not a big smell but still a pleasant spicy smell with hints of fruit, mostly peach. Very nice taste, not too sweet, not too bitter. Fruity, spicy and easy to drink. Can I have another one? :)

4.07/5  rDev +5.7%

Pours a cloudy orange colour topped by a huge creamy white head that does NOT settle down. I was drinking this beer for about 15 minutes and the head did not settle down. The aroma is fruity, malty and citrus hints. Taste is malty and sweet. I like the fact that this Tripel is sweeter than others. Alcohol is quite high and you can't really understand that you are drinking 8.4% ABV since it sits behind the sweetness of the beer. Excellent brew but it's a bit heavy on the stomach

4.28/5  rDev +11.2%

Cloudy yellow appearence in the goblet with a white sheen and lace. Tiny bubbles everywhere. Rich sweet yeast nose. Earthy malt sweetness upfront with a big dose of clove. Floral hop layers on the tongue. Smooth and well balenced all the through. Warm (ABV) finish, very drinkable triple. Slightly dry white pepper finish.

3.92/5  rDev +1.8%

Hazy orange color, mountainous creamy off white head and oodles of fine lace to coat the glass. Aroma of fresh fruit, malts, citrus, as the start is malt sweet, the top reedy, the finish is poignantly hopped, zestfully carbonated, droughty long lasting aftertaste. A bit of a "belly" warmer” from the high ABV, a good triple, not the best, but certainly not the worst I've tried, and well worth a sample.

3.65/5  rDev -5.2%

An extremely drinkable tripel. Not as sweet as others from Leffe, smooth, not an over the top with flavour, but very nice beer, i like it.

firstprev| 201-225 | 226-250 | 251-275  | next → last
Leffe Tripel from Abbaye de Leffe S.A.
Beer rating: 65.3% out of 100 with 262 ratings