Leffe Brune / Brown | Abbaye de Leffe S.A.

Leffe Brune / BrownLeffe Brune / Brown

Abbaye de Leffe S.A.
abbaye-de-leffe.be

Style: Belgian Dark Ale

Added by BeerAdvocate on 10-25-2001

Ratings: 1,820 |  Reviews: 527

3.69/5  rDev -3.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

330 ml bottle. Dark brown to black color with a white long-lasting head. Aromas were of nice burnt caramel, burnt sugar and maybe some chocolate. The taste was more or less the same with the alcohol present! Carbonation was medium, and the body was light to medium. A little disappointing for a dubbel, didn’t got the characteristics of the style, but a good beer nonetheless!!

3.59/5  rDev -5.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

2.32/5  rDev -39.1%

Once again with Leffe. I have never tried this brown so I was hoping it was better than the blond. NOPE. Poured at 40 degrees, beer was very pretty I must admit with a giant head. Mahogany color mmmI thought. But as soon as I smelled it I knew it was that same sour beer we hate. Don't understand it either My wife spent a year in Holland and loved this beer on tap. When she got back here to Va. we started buying it and first sip she took was yuk! And we have tried several times hoping it was just a bad or old beer. I don't know maybe the export product is not the same as the beer overseas. Don't matter I will never again waste money to try it anymore unless we find it on tap.

3.58/5  rDev -6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A - 3.75 - Nice dark brown clear color with a good 3 fingers of head on it that leaves a nice lacing on the glass.
S - 3.75 - Not that much for smell. Dark fruits, bready malts and cinnamon. Belgian yeast.
T - 3.5 - Alright, it's not horrible, but it's not that great either. Very fruity dark fruit flavor. Bready malts. Belgain yeast. Banana. Nothing too complex
M - 3.5 - Kind of light for the style. Missing a certain "wow" factor. No alc taste at all (actually a downside for this kind of beer). Aftertaste is almost nothing, but bready malts at best.
O - 3.5 - I rarely give a rating this low for a genre of beer that I like so much. I liked this when I first had it, but it's just not that good.

3.75/5  rDev -1.6%

Leffe Brune / Brown from Abbaye de Leffe S.A.