Leffe 9 | Abbaye de Leffe S.A.

Leffe 9Leffe 9

Abbaye de Leffe S.A.

Style: Belgian Strong Pale Ale

Added by Jason on 03-06-2006

firstprev| 26-50 | 51-75 | 76-100  | next → last
Reviews: 77 | Ratings: 180
3.71/5  rDev +1.1%

I am a Leffe fanboy, my favourite until now was Leffe Blond. Living in Belgium I have tasted many many beers and when judging on taste there are betters beers, but it all comes down to drinkability.

On to Leffe 9 (or Leffe Blue as I like to call it).

A nice looking beer with no worthy smell. The liquir is a little thick, but I like that because you feel you have something worthly in your mouth. After the first mouthfull I sensed a little tick of honey, and that is exactly what i like.

Nice tastefull beer with (too!) great drinkability for a 9% beer.

3.84/5  rDev +4.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I'll have to admit with all the hype about this beer when I found out that is was not a dark beer I thought I would be let down, as I have had alot of other belgium beers of this alcohol content and thought nothing of them except all alcohol and no flavor. I tried my hardest not to let this make my opinion of this beer be biased.

Lets start on the review now. The color is a golden copper with a short lived head that will quickly come back with a little swirl. As for the aroma it was a little weak mostly fruity aromas. The mouth feel was exceptionally rich with a warming feeling. The flavor I noticed most was fruity with some biscuit flavors. My true feelings is a strong Leffe Blonde.

This beer was quite surprising being that I am a dark beer fan, I can not say that it let me down with all the hype but it wasn't one of the top Belgiums that I have had.

firstprev| 26-50 | 51-75 | 76-100  | next → last
Leffe 9 from Abbaye de Leffe S.A.