Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Labatt Blue | Labatt Brewing Company Ltd.

Labatt BlueLabatt Blue
2.65/5
Poor
Labatt BlueLabatt Blue

Labatt Brewing Company Ltd.
Ontario, Canada
labatt.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Labatt Blue is the best-selling Canadian beer in the world. Introduced in 1951 as Labatt Pilsener, it was named for the colour of its label by fans of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers football team. Blue was the first brand in Canada with a twist-off cap and won the silver medal in the International Lager category at the 1998 Brewing Industry International Awards. Labatt Blue, brewed using specially selected aromatic hops, is a well-balanced, fully matured, full-flavoured beer with a fruity character and a slightly sweet aftertaste.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-30-2001

2.6

Ratings: 2,085 |  Reviews: 659

Labbats is Awesome. Canadian beer headquartered in Buffalo NY

Great beer. Full flavor.

4.94/5  rDev +86.4%

I don't understand some of the reviews. Top rated beers are nasty. And some of my favorite are ranked 6 or 7? I've tried the beers that are ranked high and have to ask… why? I've read the reviews and don't get it. I think, if it's not BAC over 5.9, it's considered piss water. But flavor that doesn't make me squeal and want my eyes to water, isn't a qualifying factor for a great beer for me.

4.72/5  rDev +78.1%

Can never go wrong with this selection

4.7/5  rDev +77.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This is one of the best beers i've ever had, I can't believe some of these reviews. This is my favorite beer, this and moslon canadian. Defiently my beer of choice. Pours a nice golden colour, with a nice tall frothy head. This is a great beer hands down. I love it in a cold glass, in a can, I just love it. My absolute favorite beer, if you are looking for a great beer this is it. Two thumbs way up. This beer is definetly recommend, these reviews are messed up, this is a great beer.

4.59/5  rDev +73.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

4.54/5  rDev +71.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.52/5  rDev +70.6%

My only problem is that the bottles are only 11.5 oz and cans are 12oz. Hey do the math. Regardless, I'm a big fan of Blue, not so much Blue Light I love the taste and color. Its a beer that serves many purposes, great for getting a buzz, great for relaxing and great for watching sports. It's tough to beat drinking Blue, eating wings, and watching our Buffalo sports teams lose. Can't really go wrong with Labatt Blue, love it!

4.5/5  rDev +69.8%

Labatt Blue from Labatt Brewing Company Ltd.
Beer rating: 2.65 out of 5 with 2,085 ratings