Untitled Art / Angry Chair - Barrel Aged Chocolate Vanilla Maple Stout

Outstanding
Notes:
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 19 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
4.64/5  rDev +3.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Had on tap. Pitch black viscous body with a brown cap. This is a real shocker, but there are aromas vanilla, maple, chocolate, and bourbon! It is well done in both smell and taste that the maple and vanilla star, with the chocolate and bourbon complimenting. Sweet at a level it should be, super rich, lush and sticky. Bravo!

4.25/5  rDev -5.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

2019 vintage; drank 10/5/19 @ Hannah's.

This was VERY maple forward when chilled; as it warmed, the vanilla & chocolate notes emerged. Very good! I'd have another.

4.37/5  rDev -2.5%

The can of the base beer was so excellent I was delighted when these were still available at Funk Factory. 22 oz. bottle split reluctantly with my wife.

The beer it is dark, & if it wasn’t, it would freak me out. The nose it feeds my chocolate addiction, through my nose. It good.

Chocolate Vanilla Maple Stout – Barrel Aged makes me want to gulp. Everything is there that I’ve already type: chocolate, vanilla, & a healthy heap of maple, which if you’ve ever seen me drown waffles, is a lot. The barrel is appropriately subtle, so as not to disappear the base beer like one of Bryan Mills unfortunate children. Sweet. I need Sensodyne. Thick. I could drink plenty of this.

Lovely, but the base beer is so good it’s hard to improve. Excellent.

Untitled Art / Angry Chair - Barrel Aged Chocolate Vanilla Maple Stout from Untitled Art
Beer rating: 94 out of 100 with 19 ratings