Blue Moon Belgian White

SCORE
Okay
Blue Moon Belgian WhiteBlue Moon Belgian White
Notes: Also know as Belgian Moon in Alberta & British Columbia
Recent ratings and reviews. | Log in to view more ratings + sorting options.
3.5/5  rDev +2.3%
by Jeez from Massachusetts

Anyone who buys beer for social events knows that there are two choices: dirt cheap light beers that you drink not to enjoy, but to "crush", and higher quality inexpensive beers that still might not taste good, but leave your guests with the impression that you give at least half a damn about them. Blue Moon and its derivatives fall into the second category. This one, being the flagship beer of Blue Moon (read: Coors+), can be found in anywhere there is running water and electricity. I admit I've never smelled it because I don't want to be the guy at the party who freakin' smells a beer. The taste is mild wheat with a touch of sweetness. If I close my eyes and use my imagination I can make some citrus and spice appear. Not much besides breadiness, but it is a good breadiness. There is no industrial quality to it that you typically get from mass-produced beers. No complaints about the carbonation or mouthfeel. I might even say that I enjoyed it (a bit). Of all the wheat beers I've had, this is certainly one of them. It's hard to feel enthusiasm for a common wheat beer (it would be like getting excited over sliced bread), but for what it's worth, this is one of the better macrobrews.

Tuesday at 04:15 AM

4.25 by ebnpt from Rhode Island on Sunday at 02:54 PM

3.59 by Catalinmunteanu from Romania on Jun 14, 2022

4.11 by CaptainMac from Pennsylvania on Jun 06, 2022
4.47/5  rDev +30.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75
by bw2000 from Texas

My favorite feel from almost any beer I've had! Taste was pretty good, but the feel and look were the highlights for me. It was really crisp, with the right amount of bubbles. Great!

May 12, 2022

3.61 by alexvhrk from Wisconsin on May 09, 2022

3.69 by Beer_Goblin from New York on May 04, 2022

3.75 by BTexpress from Georgia on Apr 29, 2022

3.45/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5
by Perioddicals from Texas

L - Poured from a 12 ounce can into a pilsner glass at around 55 degrees. Huge head on aggressive pour. Head slowly dissipates. No lacing to speak of. Hazy light golden color.

S - Citrus scent is font and center. I get a juicy scent as well. A little light grain malt. Sweetness on the back end.

T - Taste is much more subdued and less in-your-face citrus. The citrus scent is balanced out with the light hop flavors. Mild grain malts.

F - Mouthfeel is very good. Medium mouthfeel and medium carbonation.

O - Overall this is an enjoyable beer. It’s no wonder Blue Moon is so popular. To me this is one of the better beers for enjoying outdoors. Very refreshing, but has more to it than other macrobrews. I’ve somehow avoided this one for years, but I think this will be added to my summer and camping beer rotation.

Apr 16, 2022

4 by MartyB8 from Indiana on Apr 16, 2022

3.73 by not2quick from Missouri on Apr 12, 2022

3 by tonystanhope from Florida on Apr 04, 2022
3.24/5  rDev -5.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25
by Scotchboy from Idaho

On-tap; hazy bright orange. Modest wheat/malt breadiness and a good dose of orange peel; the nose delivers some fruity citrus character but the body and palate is more flat and basic. Decent.

Mar 30, 2022

3.5 by RichardOrmiston from North Carolina on Mar 26, 2022

4.32 by Jwa11s on Mar 21, 2022
3.31/5  rDev -3.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5
by md3kcn from North Carolina

Purchased as a single bottle from The Fresh Market for $1.78. Poured into a nonic pint glass. Served sans orange slice.

L - Hazy goldenrod, with a quick-to-dissipate two-finger pale white head.
S - Faint orange peel. Hinting at some sort of spice. Wheat.
T - First off, crazy well-balanced! Starts off on a chewy wheat note, and continues to a coriander finish. Notes of very light caramel throughout.
F - Smooth. Oily on the finish. Medium-light body, with medium carbonation. Chewy. Easy-to-drink, and refreshing.
O - Not bad. Not the first time I've had this, either. This is probably the tastiest beer you could bring to a party and not look like a douche. A great lunch beer. It's everywhere beer is sold, too - so bonus points for that. I'll definitely buy this again, but I won't really go out of my way for this. It's my go-to for beer runs and BBQ parties.

Mar 19, 2022
3.49/5  rDev +2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5
by GABronco

Nice overall beer and easy to understand the broad appeal. A little fruity with hints of orange and spice. I enjoyed it with a mango/chicken burrito at a local Mexican restaurant and it paired really well.

Mar 07, 2022
3.84/5  rDev +12.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4
by lomtatz

Pours well with a small head of foam. The head dissipates rather quickly, and leaves very little lacing. The color is a darker orange with a cloudy haze. The aroma is certainly sweet with hints of fruitiness and very little hoppy aroma. The taste compared to the aroma is less sweet, with caramel grainy flavors and hints of citrus. An enjoyable brew, but I find the look and smell promise more than the flavor supplies. The flavor I would typically associate with Belgian style ales is not present with very little phenolic flavor.

Feb 19, 2022

3.75 by ryand14 from Michigan on Feb 14, 2022
by rclangk from West Virginia

I’m not fond of Belgian Whites, but I tried to be fair in rating this, comparing it to other Belgian Whites.

Feb 13, 2022

4.51/5  rDev +31.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25
by Christianriveraaa

The pour was nice and smooth, a very hazy orange color to it. The smell definitely resembles that of an orange. The taste was very smooth, a nice orangey not to strong feel to it. This beer in my opinion should be rated higher than its current ratings. It's a nice refreshing beer that should be enjoyed with friends, family or even after a nice long work day.

Feb 09, 2022

3.23 by WlSH_YOU_WERE_BEER from Georgia on Feb 01, 2022
4.04/5  rDev +18.1%
by landdog

Great wheat beer (witbier)

Jan 31, 2022
2.65/5  rDev -22.5%
by Legendary_Geko from Florida

Shock Top is better in my opinion

Jan 28, 2022

3.34/5  rDev -2.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5
by TheMatts

Not bad not great. Pretty weak flavors to me. Had some orange zest flavors and coriander like advertised. Refreshing but still not a whole lot going on. Orangey color. Kinda cool with the slightly unfiltered look. Better out of a bottle but not bad out of a can. Inoffensive beer.

Jan 18, 2022
3.91/5  rDev +14.3%
by German-Helles from Wisconsin

This is a 12oz. bottle gently poured into my Blue Moon 16oz. weizen glass. This ale had a one finger head of white foam that slipped away to a thin cap and no lacing left behind. This is a hazy pale straw colored ale with heavy carbonation.
The aroma is a pleasant sweet malt, some yeast, with light wheat notes.
The flavor is sweet orange citrus, a touch of malt, and a light hop finish that cuts the sweetness nicely but enhancing the fruit at the same time. The wheat is there but very subtle.
This has a very nice smooth creamy feel.
This is an easy one to drink, you notice a little more with each sip. With or without the orange, this is a winner!

Jan 13, 2022
4.83/5  rDev +41.2%
by jr68 from Wisconsin

My first experience with this beer was in a downtown Chicago bar. I asked the bartender to describe this beer I’ve never had. He did and I turned it down for an MGD. Next night the same bar I decided to try it and wow did I like this beer. That was ten years ago and since then it’s been my go to. Mind you I’ve tried many many beers including barrel aged beers and I keep coming back. Oddly it tastes best when I drink a different beer before I drink Blue Moon. It really wakes up my taste buds. Actually I’m not tasting the coriander or orange maybe it’s just me. Love the unfiltered look. Just drop the orange. I feel funny about fruit on the beer glass.

Jan 11, 2022