Batch 69 | Frankenmuth Brewery

Frankenmuth Brewery
frankenmuthbrewery.com

Style: American IPA

Added by jmich24 on 04-19-2010

I was in heaven from the second I tasted this beer. I bought as a pick 6 from kroger and my only complaint is that I only picked 1. The best tasting apa I have ever had. Very great tasting my joke is its a bit nutty (69?) For the average non snobby beer fan it is a must.

4.75/5  rDev +30.5%

Poured from a 12-ounce bottle into a beer glass. This beer came as part of a sampler pack from Frankenmuth Brewery.

Appearance: Supreme. Pure golden color with extreme carbonation visible through the glass. Head is very frothy, and leaves a foamy lacing on the edges of the glass as it recedes. Dimples down very intriguingly. I like it!

Smell: Very heavy citrus on top of a sweet malty bottom. Some spice notes as well, with a noticeable alcohol presence. All scents work well together, and nothing is overbearing.

Taste: Flavor assault! Sweetness right up front, possibly a cinnamon/allspice/clementine combination. Hop oils are floral and going strong. Very nice. Taste turns malty very quickly, as the carbonation takes hold. During this phase, the hops come back with a bitterness that is divine. Aftertaste is all bitter hops, but not unpleasantly so. It makes you want to take another drink!

Mouthfeel: Very oily; not a bad thing, but not my thing. Still, it fits the style well and enhances the flavor, so I give it a straight 'good.'

Drinkability: I could easily drink this on the reg. Its ABV is about perfect for a three-drink night for me, and the taste is phenomenal. Definitely a good middle beer.

I don't give a lot of 5s for taste...but this tastes amazing. Very good job, Frankemuth!

4.7/5  rDev +29.1%

golden color smell hoppy. taste of medium amount of hops and goes down fairly smooth. Not a bad beer overall. this one of many in the series of beers i have tried this week

4.3/5  rDev +18.1%

Went to the "new" Frankenmuth Brewery. They were all out of their English IPA and the waitress offered me this Pale Ale instead. Batch number 69... 6.9% alcohol and 69 IBU's. Seemed more like an IPA to me.

A: Nice amber color with orange hues. One finger head excellent lacing.
S: Some malt, super hoppy, piney, floral, citrus (orange and grapefruit).
T: Great balance and super hoppy. Piney, floral, citrus again.
M: Medium body, nice carbonation.
D: Very drinkable. I drink two pints for dinner. tried to buy a growler Togo but they only offer fancy growlers at $48 a pop. (No Thanks).

Batch 69 was a great beer.

Overall good experience in a area lacking good craft beer.

4.29/5  rDev +17.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

4.2/5  rDev +15.4%

From a variety pack bought at Wegman's in Collegeville PA.

After reading the reviews on here I wasn't sure what to expect.

I'm an IPA guy, so I had high expectations, and I can honestly say that this impressed this hop lover.

Poured into a beer mug, good off white head with nice lacing.

The pine, citrus and almost honeydew like scent permeated the nostrils as soon as I poured.
The flavor not overly dominated by the hops but dry enough to make me wanting more.
Little bit of bitterness on the tongue but that complements so well.
It's not overly unique in the world of IPA's, but with as many 'near misses' and unimpressive ones that I have run into, I'm happy with this one.
Nice ABV as well for a traditional American IPA.
I'd recommend giving it a try and don't assume that the lower rating by the brothers is the be-all-end-all.

4.2/5  rDev +15.4%

Bottle poured into a lager glass.

A - Clear gold-orange. One inch white head. Minor retention. Nice light lacing.

S - Pine and malt

T - Let stand for 5 minutes. Starts with sweet malt, with citrus and grassy hops. Ends in a bold, dry blast of pine.

O - An excellent IPA that exceeded my expectations. Well done, Frankenmuth!

4.12/5  rDev +13.2%

N8dietz is the man. Thank you!!

Hazey and pale copper and bronzey, brass color and a light tan head that is a monster after the pour. Lots of sticky, dough like lacing, good bubbling, and a thick foam head that retains for all twelve ounces. This beer looks great, except I think its a touch over carbonated.

Resiny bittersweet aroma of biscuits, toasted white bread, caramel, orange peel marmalade, and bitter grassy citrus.

Lots of sweet and bitter orange peel flavors from the hops that combine with teh sweet toasted caramel malts for a well balanced, resiny palated AIPA.

A: brilliant gold, 2” rocky foam cap
S: grassy, piney floral nose, some malt
T: starts with some rich malt, some spice herbal, spice almost basil, grassy, long bitter finish
F: Body medium light, carbonation medium.
O: A good but not spectacular IPA