Bobby Dazzler

Mar 02, 2018
SCORE
n/a
Notes: None
Recent ratings and reviews.
Ratings by RaulMondesi:
Reviewed by RaulMondesi from California

3.85/5  rDev -3.3%
On tap at Hollingshead in Orange, CA.

Well, sometimes curiosity kills the cat. But did it kill Raul? I don’t think so. I love all beer. And even though I am in craft beer heaven in SoCal, I wanted to go out of the box, ya know? It’s like, I’m not into blondes, but every now and then you have to jump into the deep side of the pool and give it a go. And when you do, you see how rewarding it is.

Now, I wouldn’t say that I “won” with this beer, or that it was “rewarding,” but it was a nice experience. Hella light, hella floral, and the only thing I’m not into is a bit of dirty astringency in the end. Order it again? Hell no. But glad I did?

Yep!
Aug 09, 2019
More User Ratings:

Rated: 3.92 by Lucnifter from California

Jun 10, 2019
Reviewed by billshmeinke from California

4.17/5  rDev +4.8%
Cask-conditioned pale ale served at Mikkeler. Didn't say if it's English or American, but based on the fairly low hop presence and the brewery's focus I'm guessing English Pale Ale. Poured into a wide tumbler.

Hazy light golden body. Decent cap of white foam. Basically no lacing, but the head is remarkably persistent.

Fruity esters come through as a sorta raspberry and pineapple, but it's subtle yeast driven scent, not full on fruitiness. Slight sweetness with a slight twang.

Taste is about the same. The twang is interesting. At first I thought it might be off or infected, but it seems kinda of yeast driven, like sourdough almost. Malt is subtle, very much a yeast driven ester forward experience, fruitiness even made me wonder if it is infused with something, but I doubt it. Underlying earthy hop bitterness. Flavor is crazy strong for a sub 4% beer.

Smooth with slightly acidic tartness, almost no carbonation as expected from the style.

I just love cask conditioned English ales. This was very interesting, and I am very grateful that there are two cask focused breweries in the LA area.
Mar 02, 2018