Best Of Show Twice In A Row Old Ale | Tampa Bay Brewing Co.

Awaiting More Ratings

Reviews by FLBeerGuy:
4.25/5  rDev 0%

4.22/5  rDev 0%

On-tap at TBBC.

Very dark brown with red highlights, almost black. Very little head, which I've come to expect from barrel aged old ales.

Smell is sweet vanilla, caramel, toffee and chocolate. Lots of oak and bourbon in there as well. Very rich and sweet smelling.

Taste is very similar to the smell with lots of bourbon, oak, vanilla and caramel. The flavors meld well and come off as complex, rather than cloying which is what really surprised me about the beer.

Medium body with low carbonation. Very good body though it could have used slightly more in both body and carbonation.

Overall a great beer but one I couldn't drink too much of. The small serving I had was perfect and I could not imagine wanting more than that.

Best Of Show Twice In A Row Old Ale from Tampa Bay Brewing Co.