Leipziger Gose | Gasthaus & Gosebrauerei Bayerischer Bahnhof

Very Good
Leipziger GoseLeipziger Gose

Gasthaus & Gosebrauerei Bayerischer Bahnhof

Style: Gose

This original Leipzig beer specialty lends us the name for our brewery. Gose is a regional beer specialty that was brought to Saxony-Anhalt in the year 1738. Originally Gose comes from Goslar, a small town in Lower Saxony, and the river “Gose” in this town. This beer specialty has a refreshing, slightly sour taste and is ideal for quenching your thirst. Gose is brewed with the additional ingredients lactic acid, cilantro, and salt. Gose is a top-fermented beer with 4.5% ABV and 10.8% wort. You can enjoy it in different variations.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 06-26-2003

A-Pours a cloudy, hazy pale gold with a frothy white head and aggressive carbonation.

S-Bready malt, black pepper and some light spiciness.

T-Crisp and lemony, nicely tart, a bit salty in the background, biscuit malt. Nice.

M-Crisp and dry, fizzy carbonation.

D-A very good food beer, this paired very well with our tiilapia and shrimp.

Gose pours a golden yellow color with a white head from an oddly shaped, long necked, 750 ml brown bottle with silkscreened art and a flip top cap that popped nicely when opened. There is a nice, light citrusy aroma and a touch of coriander. There is a very citrusy flavor that stands out the most to me. There is a touch of wheat in the end. Flavorful and a nice summer beer. I'm surprised more variants of this style aren't available.

Draft at Bayerischer Bahnhof

Cloudy golden body with a big fluffy white head.

Dirty wheat, a little coriander spice, and a citric edge.

Yummy. Easily drinkable. Citric flavor and bite. Really not all that tart. Salt and spice are well incorporated into the wheat beer. I always thought Gose would taste weird with the salt but it's a nice compliment.

Light and bubbly. Ends somewhat dry.

Pretty nice. I think it just got distribution in Texas. Hopefully it's just as delicious in bottle form when I get back.

From notes. The brew poured a dirty straw color with a 1.5 finger head that stuck around very well. The nose was slight lemoney tart with a bit of graineyness in there that was slightly offensive to me. The flavor was better than the nose. Grainey, slightly orangey and raisiney with a salty finish after swallowing the brew. Better than the nose told me. The feel was moderate with a moderate carbonation. I like the saltyness on the finish. Very unique twist to a brew. Overall, I think I will have to visit this one again. I have a second bottle that will definately help make my mind up. I didn't find this to be anything overly special, but something inside me says that it should be.

Editing. I'm chosing to edit the review as opposed to add a new one as I don't think the first bottle was as ok as it could be.

Nice 3 finger head that falls slowly to a very healthy coat. Hazy orange color. Nose is pretty nice. A lot going on in there. I get lemon-spritzed banans most prevalent. The flavor is still not as impressive as I would hope. I get a saltyness initially, moving to a grainey flavor, but not harsh, and finishing a light fig or raisin. The feel is a solid moderate with a moderate carbonation. Drinkability is a little better than I gave it before. It is a well rounded beer. I'd get it when looking for something different. Bumping it to a solid 4 all around

Leipziger Gose from Gasthaus & Gosebrauerei Bayerischer Bahnhof