Rye IPA | Liberty Steakhouse & Brewery

Liked:
3.71/5
Alströms:

4.13/5  rDev +11.3%

I am a sucker for anything rye, especially IPAs. This one arrives to the table sparkling clear and a hue of amber with goldenrod. Topped with a one finger sized, spongey head. Lacing is incessant and presents a veil around the glass.

I certainly smell the rye; a bit musty and spicy. Hops are a shining star and represent the floral and fruity category. Malt bacbone aids in the caramel with a hint of toast; pumpernickel bread comes to mind.

I really like the flavor of this one. The rye adds a spice that is neither overwhelming or invisible. Rye beers are a tricky bunch but I think Liberty has nailed this one. In fact, I prefer this over Terrapin Rye. Very enjoyable.

Rye IPA from Liberty Steakhouse & Brewery