Immaculate Confection

Immaculate ConfectionImmaculate Confection
Notes:
Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 3 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
4.28/5  rDev -1.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

On tap at Green Cheek in Orange, CA.

Darker than the day your baby mama called it quits on you, this one is alive. Smells like the dessert you wish your grandmama could cook. Hella rich in flavor like a Swede dreaming. And the texture...oh, the texture! Velvety soft like Princess Jasmine on a magic carpet ride.

Yep!

RaulMondesi from California, Oct 21, 2019
4.3/5  rDev -0.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

L: Pours dark cola brown, settles deep black. Tiny streams of bubbles rise up to the top of the glass, contributing to a khaki head. Mild forms of lacing but still an applaudable amount given the abv.
S: Aromas of confectioners chocolate, malts and subtle nutty roastiness. It does smells sweet, which I guess I should expect given the "pasty stout" title. Not much vanilla on the smell but it smells pretty darn great overall.
T: Really nice. Chocolate malts, toffee, caramel and sweet confectioners chocolate with hazelnut and vanilla on the finish. After taste consists of malts, chocolate, hazelnut and coffee with lingering flavor that resembles that of a latté. It has great flavor, but it is rather sweet.
F: Medium body, moderate to heavy in weight. It is smooth and full with nice slick texture but isn't motor oil consistency. Overall nice feel with lower end of moderate carbonation. Zero booze presence for 12.5%.
O: I really like it. I know the folks at Green Cheek are just starting to get their feet wet with the stout process, and I like what I am having thus far. I think they have taken a step in the right direction. They advertise as a pastry stout, and they've achieved exactly that. Like I said before, it is very sweet. To give you an idea, my wife, an extremely select and primarily non-stout drinker, said that she liked this one. Anyways, I am very glad to try and I would drink again/recommend. Cheers!

TheBrewsky from California, Oct 18, 2019