Estrella Damm Inedit | Damm S. A.

Estrella Damm IneditEstrella Damm Inedit

Style: Witbier

Added by philipquarles on 09-07-2009

View: Beers
3.47/5  rDev -3.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

My brother gave me a bottle of the for Christmas of 2011. I was a big Adria fan and hadn't heard of the beer prior to being given a bottle, so was quite excited to try it.

Overall I was a little disappointed. I guess because I was expecting a lot from this. It is a good beer, and I can't complain about any aspect of it in particular, but nothing was really much above average.

I guess it is quite a unique style, and I can't say I've had anything quite like it before or since. But, overall it really just isn't that exciting, especially coming from the likes of Ferren Adria. I'd have it again but not in a hurry or at a price.

3.53/5  rDev -1.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Poured into a Celebrator pokal. Pours a light to medium golden amber with a great three finger white head that dissipates slowly leaving lots of lacing. Nice active carbonation in the glass. Classic witbier aroma of wheat and light fruit juice; apple and pear, mild malt. Flavor of sweet malt, apple and pear juice, very light sour lemon, a hint of coriander and hops. Flavors are nice, but attenuated almost to the point of tasting watered down. Light bodied. Pleasant, but uninspired and thin tasting. Nice classy bottle, but I'd rather have a stronger witbier in an ugly bottle. At least I can tick Damm without having to drink their macros...

3.14/5  rDev -12.8%

A: A bit yellow for a witbier, a little haze, very little head

S: Very fruity, apple, lemon, pear, hints of spices

T: Very sweet, a lot of orange, nothing more

M: slightly undercarbonated, not very creamy even a bit sticky

O: Not really good, too bland, too sweet

4.5/5  rDev +25%

2.75/5  rDev -23.6%

3.67/5  rDev +1.9%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

This witbier is fairly clear bodied and the carbonation is pretty good. The head is white and extremely bubbly and thins out really quickly. The aroma is pretty good, wheat and mild malts smells come through, light grasses, lemon zest and not much else. Its slightly spicy you can start to taste some other spices, coriander, mild hops start to come in as you swallow, but the taste is rather lacking, I wish the spices were a bit more evident. It is crisp on the tongue; and remains light and refreshing. This one isn’t bad for the style but I would expect more from a chef.

4.5/5  rDev +25%

3.52/5  rDev -2.2%

Damn an aged Witbier. I also hear it's weak on flavor. Ow well at least I got it for just 5 bucks.

A - Damn is that a light shade of yellow and quite possibly the clearest Witbier I ever encountered, no haze whatsoever. Head is also minimal just a layer of lace that is mildly sticky.

S - Weak on the smell just a bit of lemon and rind with some fruity yeast in the background.

T - Not terrible the fruity yeast it rather nice with no cloying dry aspect. A mild zest of lemon gives it a kiss of puckering.Not getting much spice but I assume their is some coriander in there.

M - Light crisp easy enough to drink.

Overall not a bad Spanish take on a Belgium style. It doesn't drink like water and has enough flavor to consider it part of the style. I would pass on it if given the chance regardless of how fancy the bottle is.

4.25/5  rDev +18.1%

3.25/5  rDev -9.7%

3.55/5  rDev -1.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

Got this one as a gift for hosting a Chistmas eve dinner party.

Quite an elegant bottle. I've never heard of it and was quite interested to try it. Paired it with my leftover Christmas dinner of turkey, mashed potatoes, and dressing.

Dull yellow, cloudy color. Some decent lacing but not much head to speak of.

Fairly mellow aroma. Yeasty, bready smell with hints of citrus, maybe some green apple as well.

Coriander and citrus are evident on the first sip, but aren't very strong. Hops take a back seat on this one. Pretty smooth mouthfeel and a very clean finish. Overall, a mild tasting beer that was certainly drinkable...just a bit boring. This one would be best served on a hot summer day with a barbeque than during the winter months.

2.5/5  rDev -30.6%

Estrella Damm Inedit from Damm S. A.