Bavaria Beer | Bavaria Brouwerij N.V.

Bavaria BeerBavaria Beer

Added by BeerAdvocate on 04-23-2002

Liked:
3.01/5
Alströms:

One of my all time favorites!

4.5/5  rDev +49.5%

4.34/5  rDev +44.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.3/5  rDev +42.9%

When pouring from this tall 1 pint can, the foam was white, creamy (2 fingers high) and very lacy.
The color was light golden yellow. Smell - light, hoppy and 'pilsey'. Taste was of a light wheat and hoppy. 10 times better than the average American pils and lagers. It's mouthfeel was very smooth and light-bodied.

4.25/5  rDev +41.2%

4.1/5  rDev +36.2%

A- This has a very fluffy snow white head that's about 2 inches thick and takes it's time settling down to a puffy film over the beer. It is a very light, very clear straw color with an average amount of carbonation floating to the top. Decent sticky lacing clings to my glass. A good looking beer...especially for this style!

S- The first thing I smell is a very distinct herbal/mineral aroma, that reminds me of fresh leaves and wet rocks & soil. There is also a bit of a woody aroma about it. The bitter hops come through very well and hide most of the sweet malts that are used. A unique aroma profile that I haven't smelled before in a lager.

T- Here's where I can taste some of the sweet malts used. The dominant flavor though is a grassy/herbal/mineral flavor...the minerals remind me of the astringency that can be found in a German Riesling wine. The finish is a flavorful hop bitterness that lingers on the palate, but I notice that it changes slightly to a bit of a metallic taste.

M- This is a light bodied beer, that is both clean and crisp. The carbonation is quite fizzy on the palate and feels like a scrubbing has taken place. Not bad, not the best that I've had either.

D- This is probably one of the best lagers I've had, mainly because of it's unique aroma and flavor profile...it's a beer that I could drink all night! Alcohol is well hidden as well. It must be the "pure mineral water" that is used in the brewing process that makes this different. I highly recommend!

4.08/5  rDev +35.5%

Could this be the best Dutch beer? Probably. At least for me this one hit the spot. But is this really a Pilsener?
Starts very strange, with a smell like pure apple juice, quite fruity, and drinking it becomes quite neutral (which I prefer in terms of drinkability), with a slight apple-like taste lingers on and leaves hints of cinnamon behind.
Very pleasant, very drinkable, quite good, be what it be, feels great to be sitting and drinking this on the Adriatic coast.

4.04/5  rDev +34.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Clean, smooth and crisp refreshing Lager, This stuff is cheap where I'm from but taste great ! Taste similar to Heiniken without the usual pleasant malty after taste, so not as 'heavy'

Can only recommend it when you fancy buying something different for yourself and to share.

One of the better Euro/Pilsners around, and at least its NOT brewed under licence in the UK. I never buy anything Brewed under licence!! Not too sweet nor too bitter. Value at £1.50 for a 660ml Bottle (99p if you shop about!) A good session beer and great with BBQ.

Appearance - Great pilsner depth straw yellow
Smell - is that yeast in a pilsner. It's there. Great rich malt hop aroma to it.
Taste - There are no beers worth drinking at our two gas stations on my way home from work. I tried this one just because and wow. It taste like beer. Excellent.
Mouthfeel - What's that? Creaminess in a pilsner. It was. Not whipped cream, but for a pilsner, wow again.
Drinkability - Very drinkable in single or doubles. On a really hot day they are too rich to quaff in quantity.

Clean, clear straw yellow color, foamy white head, sticky lace, sweet lemony candy like nose, sweet, citrusy and rich, grassy malt flavor. Nice balanced bitterness. This beer is surprising good and at a great price.

This is a great refreshing beer on those hot Florida summer days.

This a Dutch beer which is better than the average Dutch beers. Drank it out of a can because we had bought a kind of present parcel. In the parcel was a dutch dress for the Worldchampionship of football in South Africa.

Pouerd in an original Bavaria beerglass the beer shows itself good. A nice white head and a yellow fluid with nice carbonation. The smell is good and not like much of these pilseners with a overhppy smell.

What can i say for the rest. It is a very smooth beer with no negative things to say about it. A very drinkable beer.

Refreshing taste, affordable price for a simple but amazing pils!

Bottle poured into a glass mug...

Appearance was very clean and gold. Better than most beers I have poured. It also had a substantial amount of bubbles in it crawling up the sides of my glass. Like a chapagne.

The smell was hoppy.

Taste was very clean and refreshing. Not overbearing and skunky.
I use the word clean with most brews from Holland and Germany, cause of the process most of them go through to abide by the local laws. I kinda tasted alcohol in the after taste. But other than that it was very good. Light and airy.

Mouthfeel, was clean. Easy on the palate. I can only taste and sense alcohol at the end.

Drinkability flat out is amazing. I could actually drink this and eat at the same time. Which this is a first for me. I dont drink and eat anything at the same time.

Great brew, Worth a shot.

$8.97 for a twelve pack of bottles.
Try this one, you wont be pissed at me.

3.98/5  rDev +32.2%

During my recent drinking binges, Bavaria has been my staple beverage. It's a great alternative to the very overplayed (on Staten Island), yet enjoyable Heineken. Bavaria is hard to find around here and deserves to be better promoted.

It's green bottle and colorful label are cool to look at and arouse attention from other drinkers who will continue to ask, "What kind of beer is that? Let me taste it."

It has a sharp and delicious smell, typical of an import from Holland.

Its smooth/clean, mouthfeel and taste contribute to its exceptional drinkability.

If you enjoy Heineken, I highly recommend that you try some Bavaria.

3.98/5  rDev +32.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A- Crystal clear, light straw body with a decent head that leaves a splotch or 2 of lacing.

S- Whole-grain cracker in front of some citrus and pilsener lager smell which reminds me of some metal.

T- Pretty standard pilsener flavor with a light, grainy malt base and a good sting from the hops.

M&D- The carbonation is impressive and the body is light. High quality drinking here

Bavaria Beer from Bavaria Brouwerij N.V.
Beer rating: 9.5% out of 100 with 462 ratings