Belgian Brown | Engine House No. 9

Engine House No. 9
Washington, United States
ehouse9.com

Style: Belgian Dark Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by sockeye101 on 09-21-2006

Liked:
3.5/5
Alströms:

Reviews by sockeye101:
3.5/5  rDev 0%

I had this on cask at the E9 brewpub and I asked the server a couple times what the beer was called and she simply called it 'Belgian Brown'. I'm assuming it is a one time shot. As expected the beer came with very low carbonation, and a bit cooler than room temperature. The color was a murky dark brown color with a nice head and nice lacing. Aroma was slightly sweet with a yeasty essence that made me think belgian. Taste was very mild. A bit of fruity grain up front with sweet yeast flavor and very, very sublte bitterness on the back end. I was somewhat disappointed, and was expecting a more complex drink. Mouthfeel was a bit thin, but smooth. Overall a beer that goes down very easy, and is highly sessionable, but not anything that will stick in my memory.

Belgian Brown from Engine House No. 9