Admiral Ale | Yakima Brewing Co. / Bert Grant's Ales

Awaiting More Ratings
Admiral AleAdmiral Ale

Yakima Brewing Co. / Bert Grant's Ales
Washington, United States

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Reidrover on 05-14-2005

Reviews by xoqx:
3.74/5  rDev +6.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Appearance – This bottle poured an orange-amber brew with a white, one-finger head that showed light retention and light lacing.

Smell – I salute the Admiral! The smell of this beer is outstanding! The young malted barley scent pouring off this inexpensive brew is to die for. I could *smell* this beer all night. I don’t think I’ve ever said that before. How do they do this, and why don’t more brewers figure out how to make their beer smell malty like this. I have been in breweries where the smell coming from the malthouse smells just like this. I love it.

Taste – It’s not great, but bready, light-citrus, orange-peely tastes swim throughout this beer as well as the super-young-malt taste I loved in the smell. There’s nothing noteworthy about its finish.

Mouthfeel – The beer feels chewy, yet light-bodied. It’s somewhat smooth, but nearly watery.

Drinkability – I will seek this out again, if only to show others the smell.

3.55/5  rDev +1.1%

Bought at Trader Joes. Amber in appearance with a large bubbly off white head. Quite a clean malty aroma with a tinge of lemon. Nice tasty ale, quite malty and pleasing, some undertones of hop and indeed a slight citric /lemon flavour finishes off the mouthful. Quite nice on the paalte..very smooth. I liked this , a good summer beer and inexspensive.

3.24/5  rDev -7.7%

I found this at Trader Joe's in Seattle, I think it was 1 USD. I didn't expect much, and it's been in the back of my fridge for a few months! I was pleasantly surprised...

A: Copper bronze, only a little off-white head, but it did leave a little lace!

S: Bready malt.

T: Well balanced bitterness, bready malt with a pleasant amount of Pacific Northwest hop flavour (citrous isn't as bold as SNPA).

M: Light to moderate body (closer to light), moderate carbonation.

D: It's like water! Nice flavour, not very bold, light... this could be a SERIOUS session beer.

Admiral Ale from Yakima Brewing Co. / Bert Grant's Ales