82 Ale House Real Ale | Uehara Shuzou Co. Ltd. / Echigo Beer Pub

Added by shigg85 on 05-18-2012

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
Reviews by shigg85:
2.99/5  rDev n/a

Having a pint of this from the cask at 82 Ale House in Tamachi, Tokyo. A murky gold bronze color with a thick white head without much flavor but a chewy marshmallow texture. After the first two sips, I'm still searching for some recognizable flavor. Or scent for that matter. I'm confused... but it could be this location as well. It's my first time here, it's nearly all foreign patrons, and they allow smoking. The other beers on tap are BrewDog, Kirin, Bass, and Guinness. I think I should have tried the BrewDog instead. Or a different bar. I'm picking up some kind of a melon flavor now, but it is still weak and not recognizable. The beer description says this brew has Kent Goldings hops and Cascade hops... but all these seem to do is give it a base beer being. I guess I can't call it a bad beer, but it is not spectacular in any way. A step above mainstream brews, but not what I was looking for in a microbrew.

82 Ale House Real Ale from Uehara Shuzou Co. Ltd. / Echigo Beer Pub