Grolsch Premium Lager | Grolsch Bierbrouwerij N.V.

Grolsch Premium LagerGrolsch Premium Lager

Ratings: 1,871 |  Reviews: 668
2.75/5  rDev -11.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

3.26/5  rDev +4.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

4.4/5  rDev +41.5%
look: 5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

2.52/5  rDev -19%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Straw color, refreshing look. Bread, grass, grapefruit, hint of alcohol. Light body, bitter finish, lingers B+. Great paired with a meal, not complex

3.08/5  rDev -1%

2.2/5  rDev -29.3%

2.94/5  rDev -5.5%

2.71/5  rDev -12.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.14/5  rDev -31.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

I'm almost convinced people only buy this for the dumb pop-cork bottles. It looks like a sort of dark yellow/straw color with moderate carbonation. Smells pretty skunky and grassy, not getting much of appealing malt or hop aromas. Taste is dry and bitter and a bit like hay. Pretty unpleasant to me. The feel seems almost gritty and sticky, but maybe that's just in my head because of the taste.

Overall I don't think I'd like this very much even if I had it from a can instead of the green bottle. And I'm someone who is a pretty big fan of euro pale lagers. But when it comes to Grolsch, I honestly think I'd rather have any other euro pale lager or even most AALs. Yes, I think Budweiser is a better beer than Grolsch.

3.44/5  rDev +10.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

2.75/5  rDev -11.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

3.43/5  rDev +10.3%

3.42/5  rDev +10%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

3.85/5  rDev +23.8%

Bottle from supermarket in Warsaw.

4.25/5  rDev +36.7%
look: 5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Excelent beer, i love the presentation, great smell and delicious.

By dosdeespuma.com

3.33/5  rDev +7.1%

As usual the grolsch beers look very underwhelming. AAL level gold appearance, nice 3/4" white head. Aroma is super skunk, possibly the most, ever.

Taste keeps hitting the skunk notes like I'm into. Light bodied but just tons of yeast skunk. That really all there is here, there is barely any hops or malt to the beer, its a total one trick pony.

3.34/5  rDev +7.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

The beer is a clear straw color and had a thin head that lasted most of the drink. Medium amount of carbonation. The aroma is very mild. I get a toasted malt sweetness with a very light hint of floral hops. The taste is still a sweet toasted begin but the bitterness of the hops come through more. The beer is thin and does leave my mouth a little dry.

4.1/5  rDev +31.8%

Another beer evidently misunderstood, and yet another good beer DESTROYED by it's green packaging. I haven't had this in quite some time. Been wailin' on the Marzen lagers. But yesterday after i work went to my local liquor store and saw a four pack of their resealable 16oz bottles in the cooler. I went INTO the cooler from behind, and grabbed a 4 pack that was completely in the dark. The last time I drank this was in MO. circa 2005. It was completely skunky and tasted like crap! This was BEFORE I became more educated about how to buy beer, especially imports that are brewed in accordance with the German purity law. Anyway, got home, grabbed my favorite beer mug, popped open the top... (pop!) With a drum roll rattling in my head...I slowly placed my nose over the freshly opened beer and took a sniff... YES...nice and fresh smelling with ZERO skunk aroma. I poured it into my glass in a way to exude a nice, bright white..3 finger head...let it settle...and YES...DELICIOUS lager! This beer is smooth...very clean. This is just a straight up lager...a great example of what all AMERICAN lagers should be, One thing came to my mind: BALANCE. Nothing to sharp up front, nothing lingering in the end...and in the middle..just pure, bubbly larger brew flavor. Not as good as the Hofbrau lager...but the quality was on the same level. BTW...the head hung around for nearly half the pint's consumption...and eventually settled to a beautiful..stew like foam on top of the beer with plenty of lacing on the glass. I must once again reiterate...and this is to those whom rate the beer's flavor based on it being spoiled...thus 'skunky'... IF IT IS SKUNK IT IS JUNK! If you want to try this beer ENSURE it has not been light struck...it will suck if it is.

2.81/5  rDev -9.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.75

2.89/5  rDev -7.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

2.41/5  rDev -22.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

2.88/5  rDev -7.4%

Grolsch Premium Lager from Grolsch Bierbrouwerij N.V.
Beer rating: 13% out of 100 with 1,871 ratings