Inglorious Quad

View: Beers
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 2 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
JonnoWillsteed from England

4.19/5  rDev +8.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

L- Almost black, I just get minor chinks of deep brown through it when held right up to a halogen bulb. Pours with a 3mm deep tan head.
S- Cocoa+coffee both prominent for me, plus a subtle liquor-ish edge. But for a 10.3% of this style it's more subtle than it could be.
T- Oh wow... different. The above^ [email protected] create expectations of the flavour, yet here something else altogether comes in as well. Is it vanilla? There is a gentle richness, some parallel of a moist vanilla sponge cake? Not sure, and doubtful I'll ever find out.
F- I thought this under-stated for it's 10.3%. No zing on the palate or the 'way down'. I take that from such an ABV% as very skilled brewing.
O- Lovely balance, somewhat rich but never anywhere near a risk of at all 'sweet' or OTT. It is pretty full on, so more a winter-warmer, or slow sipping beer for me, but gawd it goes down smoothly.
This is a gem of a beer and I'd very happily buy it again. Bought from BelgiumInABox Antwerp/BE for home delivery to me in London/UK. 330ml Euro 2.70 BB: 19/09/2020.

Jul 10, 2020