Wasabi Biiwasa No Ruby | Niigata Beer Co.

Awaiting More Ratings

Niigata Beer Co.
Japan
niigatabeer.jp

Style: Herbed / Spiced Beer

Added by shigg85 on 07-21-2012

Reviews by shigg85:
1.54/5  rDev 0%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Bought a bottle of this from a resort in Hakone, Japan. Poured into a Baird pint glass. I stored the bottle in the fridge horizontally, and I immediately noticed that a glob of the wasabi grain was laying and stuck to the side of the bottle. This moved after pouring and did not glob at the bottom of the glass, thank goodness. The smell of this beer is right on for wasabi, but as I expected, it does not necessarily please the senses. As a pale ale, this is just an awful beer period before we even get to the wasabi. The taste is the worst i've ever had... flat, overpowering with wasabi, with a flat, mushroom-influenced aftertaste. Interesting experience, but overall the worst beer i've ever had. I couldn't finish it, even though I know I gave it my best effort.

1.5/5  rDev 0%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Wasabi Biiwasa No Ruby from Niigata Beer Co.