Wabar Dunkel | Oettinger Brauerei

Style: Dunkelweizen

Added by Hoppsbabo on 10-25-2013

Reviews by Hoppsbabo:
3.9/5  rDev +2.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I didn't realise for a long while that this was contract brewed so I put off buying it (I avoid Korean beer like the plague). I like to start a Hefe-Weisse completely chilled.

A: Very dark ruby body with a beige head. Nice. Head doesn't last long with a splash of water in the glass.

S: Sherbet & Wrigley's Juicy Fruit chewing gum.

T: A kind of dry, smokey chocolate flavour plus some of the sherbet and aforementioned chewing gum. Nice and zingy. It's actually pretty good.

O: Tastes much better after having had a bananery Hefe beforehand. It brings out the yeast more. I might even prefer it to its imported rival here in Korea, Weihenstephaner Dunkel.

3.62/5  rDev -5%