Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Holidaze Pale Ale | Island Brewing Company

Style: American IPA

Added by Solomon420 on 12-24-2006

Reviews by JayTheFinn:
3.55/5  rDev 0%

Had the Holidaze at I believe the only place you can get it, the Island brewery. Not bad, but nothing fantastic. It's a nice enough looking ale with a smallish head. Some obvious but not overbearing hops in the nose. Strong hop bite without going overboard. Little bit of malt flavoring in there as well. Not a very big mouthfeel. Decent drinker though overall, just not something I'd go back to again and again.

3.75/5  rDev 0%

Served in the tasting room at the brewery. Its so lovely living 1 mile from a good brewery. Stopped in for a quicky whilst I was waiting to get my pizza pie from Giovanni's.

A: honey colored goodness, small to no head in the pint.
S: Like most IPAs, with the classic chronic smell. It reminds me of my closet during my college years
T: A bit sharp due to its high IBU rating, but follows with a nice plateau
M: Again, a bit too sharp overall
D: For a classic hop head it would be a good session beer, however for the average beer drinker, one is enough.

I will definately go back and have another tomorrow.

Holidaze Pale Ale from Island Brewing Company