Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Mosaic Saison | Front Street Brewery

Style: Saison / Farmhouse Ale

Availability: Fall

Added by hellhammermario on 08-17-2013

3.13/5  rDev -16.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

Beer pours translucent yellow-amber, with fair lacing. The nose is mostly if grapefruit with some grassy notes.

Taste starts off peppery, transitioning to the grapefruit noticed in smell, with some added grassy notes before the grapefruit takes over and wins in the end. The end is slightly watery to me because of this, even though the dry grass notes try to pull on the tongue.

This is the most grapefruit-intensive non-fruit beer I've tried. I noticed the beer mellowed a little as it warmed, with the grassy notes playing a little more if a role, improving it in my mind.

4.25/5  rDev +13%

3.75/5  rDev -0.3%

3.9/5  rDev +3.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Freshly tapped at Front Street a few days ago! I was lucky enough to have a sneak peek at this brew about a month ago before it was carbonated, and it definitely stayed true to my initial response -- pineapple gushing at the seams! Intense tropical fruit aroma and taste, but I'm not sure if I would call this one a saison. Never got that earthy, peppery bite you usually find in the style. An awesome beer worth trying at least once, but falls short of the category.

Mosaic Saison from Front Street Brewery