Full Sail Amber | Full Sail Brewery & Tasting Room & Pub

Full Sail Brewery & Tasting Room & Pub
Oregon, United States
fullsailbrewing.com

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

Our Amber is a sweet, malty, medium-bodied ale with a spicy, floral hop finish. It's brewed with 2-row Pale, Crystal and Chocolate malts. And we hop it with Mt. Hoods and Cascades. We're as proud of it today as we were back in '89. And over the years it's earned 14 Gold Medals. Not that we're keeping track or anything.

IBU 31

Added by Bitterbill on 12-02-2001

Ratings: 1,189 |  Reviews: 469

Another one of my favorites that took me by surprise a bit. Heftier than you think it'll be but my goodness is it tasty.

An outstanding amber. Gorgeous color. Full bodied. Smooth with a little bite to it. Very easy to drink. Goes with anything from steak to pizza.

One of the first amber beers I ever had (back in the 1990s) and it is still great. I am not able to find it in Indiana, but had a friend pack some down from Minnesota for me. Just awesome.

One of the finest ales I have ever tasted.

Available at my neighborhood Trader Joe's for a reasonable price ($6.49/6).

4.87/5  rDev +29.5%

Poured from a bottle into a pint glass.

A. Lovely amber hue, and copper. Nice creamy head, and generous lacing left behind throughout the beer.

S. Smells of rich malts, toffee caramel.

T. Big bold malts upfront, hops come into play balancing this ale. The finish is coffee, caramel, and chocolate notes at the end.

M. Has a nice full mouthfeel, that really makes this easy to drink.

O. This is my favorite amber ale by far!! Full Sail Brewing Company puts out good solid beers, I recommend this highly!!

Cheeers!!!

4.8/5  rDev +27.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.8/5  rDev +27.7%

4.76/5  rDev +26.6%

4.75/5  rDev +26.3%

Note to heinzdog - try this one again. Maybe you just had a bad bottle or pour.
The bottle to pint glass that I had this afternoon was ice cold and had a 4 finger head. It didn't last long in the glass as the glass went down smooth & fast.

A refreshing amber - similiar to Alakan Amber

So far my favorite beer of the summer.

4.73/5  rDev +25.8%

Beer pours a nice dark & rich color with a full body.
Taste is refreshingly smooth. This is my favorite beer!!!! Nice vanilla colored head, with hints of mustyness all around. A lot of lace. Dances off the palate, try this one boys, you won't be disappointed.

4.71/5  rDev +25.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

4.69/5  rDev +24.7%

Wow, if you like a good amber then look no further as this is hands down the best amber I have ever tasted. If there is a better amber I would love to know but as of right now (past four years) this is king of Amberville!

4.69/5  rDev +24.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

This really is a great beer. I was at the Harris Teeter (grocery store) trying to decide what to get from their huge (but depleted for Memorial day) selection. When I saw Full Sail labled their Amber "Ridiculously Tasty" I was sold, plus it was a reasonable price (under 10 for a 6er) for a true craft-brew.

Appearance is great, keeping a tight small head, with distinct lacing all the way down the glass. The smell is of hops, and malt, well balanced.

Taste too is excellent--with the sweet carmel malt perfectly matched to the hops. NOT a hop-head's beer, with probably no more than 30 or 35 IBUs, but BALANCED....the key to all good beer. This beer is what amber ales should all aspire to be...or rather their brewers' aspire to produce!

Just a good, hearty beer, extremely well crafted, filling, and refreshing.

Full Sail Amber from Full Sail Brewery & Tasting Room & Pub