Full Sail Amber | Full Sail Brewery & Tasting Room & Pub

Full Sail Brewery & Tasting Room & Pub
Oregon, United States
fullsailbrewing.com

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

Our Amber is a sweet, malty, medium-bodied ale with a spicy, floral hop finish. It's brewed with 2-row Pale, Crystal and Chocolate malts. And we hop it with Mt. Hoods and Cascades. We're as proud of it today as we were back in '89. And over the years it's earned 14 Gold Medals. Not that we're keeping track or anything.

IBU 31

Added by Bitterbill on 12-02-2001

12%
4.3

Ratings: 1,196 |  Reviews: 472
4.25/5  rDev +13.3%

3.78/5  rDev +0.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

A off big white to light tan head leaves a nice lacing above a crystal clear reddish golden colored beer.

A balanced lightly roasted malts with citrus hops aroma.

A lightly roasted caramel malts taste.

A slightly dry aftertaste with a bit of the caramel malts tastes remaining behind with this medium bodied beer.

Another good Amber, give it a try.

4.25/5  rDev +13.3%

3.75/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

12oz : tulip

Clear, amber red with a foamy, off white head.

Floral, spicey hop notes, with a solid malty, lightly sweet backbone.

Medium body, foamy carbonation.

A well done amber ale. Nicely balanced hop and malt notes. I had passed by this for years now, and finally realized I hadn't tried it. I'm glad I gave it a shot!

2.75/5  rDev -26.7%

4.5/5  rDev +20%

3.73/5  rDev -0.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Poured from bottle into a pint glass

Appearance – The beer, as the name would suggest, pours a deep amber color with a one finger of just off white head. The head fades rather fast leaving a persistent film left floating atop the brew.

Smell – The aroma is rather light overall consisting of some smells of caramel and a little bit of a bready smell. Along with these aromas are some lighter smells of an earthy nature.

Taste – The taste begins with a biscuit and caramel flavor with some notes of roasted malt and a brown bread flavor. As the taste advances flavors of hop join in. The hop is initially entirely of a more earthy nature , but others of a citrus and more floral hop taste come in as the flavors advance to the end. Along with the hop coming to the tongue, so too comes some spice flavors as well as a bit more sweetness from brown sugar and molasses, leaving a pleasant sweet and lightly hopped malty flavor to linger on the tongue.

Mouthfeel – The body of the beer is on the rather average side in terms of thickness and creaminess with a carbonation level that is rather average. Both are quite nice for the style and make for a nice easy drinker.

Overall – A rather balanced amber overall. Not too sweet, not too malty, and not too hoppy. Overall an enjoyable brew.

3.5/5  rDev -6.7%

Enjoyed this beer our of a Belgian tulip glass

A: Pours a copper-amber hue with a white head that leaves a nice trail and solid persistent lace.

S: Sweet malty aroma with a good hoppy background.

T: Similar to the smell there is a sweet malty flavor that blends in nicely with the hops.

M: Medium body and minimal carbonation.

O: Just a so-so IPA

3.25/5  rDev -13.3%

2.75/5  rDev -26.7%

3.53/5  rDev -5.9%

I picked up some singles to try from a local grocery store and once again I'm here scratching my head with this pick. This is an Amber Ale and it is not a style that I gravitate toward. I guess that I though it was a Pale Ale.

Poured from a 12 oz. bottle with the date clearly printed on the label (10/06/13) into a pint glass and I get 1 1/4 fingers of head that dissipates at a moderate rate to leave a soapy covering of the glass that lasts to the end.

A: Pours an dark honey red color and I get 1 1/4 fingers of head that goes away at a moderate rate and leaves the top of glass covered with a soapy covering. There is a fair amount of lacing.

S: Malt and brown sugar mostly.

T: A Pleasant taste of malts and some coffee-caramel with a little bitter taste of hops at the end.

M: This goes down good. Moderately carbonated with a nice effervescence that surrounds my tongue.

O: I liked this beer and I would have it again. I like more hops in my beer and I am going to seek out an Amber Ale with more hops.

3.15/5  rDev -16%

I really enjoy a good amber ale, and this one was simply okay. There was relatively little head to it which disappointed right off the bat. The color is a deeper, true amber with caramel-ish, toffee-ish aroma. I felt the taste was a bit flat but would not refuse one of these poured from a tap. Perhaps it was the bottle pour but the label says "ridiculously tasty" which I did not get from this beer.

Full Sail Amber from Full Sail Brewery & Tasting Room & Pub