Session Lager | Full Sail Brewery & Tasting Room & Pub

Style: American Pale Lager

ABV 5.1% IBU 18

Added by mattmaples on 05-17-2005

Ratings: 1,173 |  Reviews: 485

This is hands down the best lager made in the U.S. Golden in color and has a nice head, smells delicious and the taste s unmatched compared to other lagers. Great design on the bottles and easily one of the most economic beer out there. Thumbs up to Full Sail Brewing out in Oregon, great prices and great beer.

4.99/5  rDev +36%

I found this beer by mere chance. I was at my local grocery store, and the name of the beer begged me to give it a try!! I`m so glad I did!!

A .. Very nice golden color, pours up beautifully, nice lacing throughout the beer

S.. Not a whole lot of aroma, but nonetheless, it is pleasing, and reminds me of fresh made bread.

T.. Very nice and quenching, not overly bitter, nor sweet. Very pleasant, and finishes dry, wich is delightful.

M.. A very satisfying mouth feel going on here. Not to heavy, not watered down, but just right!

O.. Overall .. I love this beer!! Its not overly complicated, and really hits it spot on!! Price is very affordable!! This is my new go to beer hands down!!

4.96/5  rDev +35.1%

4.89/5  rDev +33.2%

Today, You are lucky. Witness the FIRST O!Red's Brew Tube!

Beer Numero Uno is...

Session Lager brewed by Full Sail Brewery & Tasting Room & Pub! #INDAHOUSE!!!

Poured from/ 11 oz. Stubby Bottle (like RED STRIPE ;) /into/ Widmer Bros. Pub Pint Glass

Bottom of Twist-Off bottle cap has a picture of a rock labeled "ROCK." WTF?

First Look shows Crystal Clear Golden with dos dedos head. For you punks who are too lazy to look up a spanish dictionary that means "2 Fingers." Yeah, You best thank me :) Head becomes thin, but remains prominent through every sip.

The Nostril view gets sweet malt, plus an enticing never previously encountered hop note. Sweet fruitness almost like a freshly chomped strawberry. Husky, but definitely clean like the sight behind the pint.

Light Carbonation bubbles up on the lips and tongue. Malt is superior in the Mouthfeel as the bubbles tingle off the walls. Hops aren't sitting on the bench, they're just as awesome as the scent. The light tart bitter at the end reminds me of fruit again. Warmth from alcohol makes me want to take another swig. Wish I had some bacon to eat with this. :(

Most American Lagers lack any real body. You know what it is! But damn, I thank G.O.D. for the makers of this fine USA Lager! Only a buck fiddy @CraftBeerCellar. OH YES! Snag a bunch for your BBQ and get your pisswasser drinking friends to sip on a Session Lager!

Welcome to the Brew Tube! I hope you enjoyed your first Session! O!Red says, Raise your Glass, I'd Tap That!

4.85/5  rDev +32.2%

Holy Nostalgia Batman!

After seeing this this beer on the shelves for a long time, and dismissing it as possible crap just because 1) It's a lager, (I'm an IPA guy, dude ...) . 2) The bottle 3) I'm a dope.

Stuck one in my mix-a -six as a lark from the local grocery. Drank it straight from the bottle ... and ...

Holy hell... I'm transported back to the halcyon days of really good (if not great) American lagers. Maybe it's the bottle, but old-school Schmidts comes to mind immediately.

An honest, refreshing, tasty lager without the adjunct bullshite you get from the beers that are now shadows of their former selves.

This beer has single handedly restored my faith in and enjoyment of lagers. I just want to grab a six-pack and some pretzels, kick back and watch the ball game ...

Awesome. Real. Beer.

4.77/5  rDev +30%

This lager has huge flavor but still be light enough for an afternoon on the porch with friends. I've had it in a pint glass and straight from the bottle. What better way to drink a "session" beer. Not an over complicated beer, but not simplistic either.

4.74/5  rDev +29.2%

4.67/5  rDev +27.2%

A - Beautiful beer. bright, clear, golden color with a strong white head and impressive lacing.

S - So fresh...Bread, Bread, oh glorious Bread.

T - nice fresh malt taste...more bread. this is my perfect closer beer. after all the DIPAs and RISs, this is how you end a night. very refreshing taste.

M - smooth and thin...just what i want from a lager with a nice little carbonation bite.

D - Incredibly high.

4.67/5  rDev +27.2%

A: Golden clear beer with medium carbonation. Medium head retention and lacing.

S: Wonderful hoppy smell. Not too strong but perfect for a lager.

T: Awesome full flavor, quality 2 row barley and a nice FULL hop flavor.
I also taste a clean substrate if you will(the water) and it's very clean and clear.
The yeast is "world class" as it leaves a clean and clear flavor profile from the quality ingredients(barley, water, hops).
Again the water carries the beer, enhances it at the same time leaves nothing except pure beer flavor from the great ingredients and brewing process.

M: Medium/light mouthfeel. Nice for the style.

O: I have traveled around North America and Europe(Ireland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, etc) and have tasted the best beer. I've longed to have a "true" high quality beer brewed properly and unpasteurized here in the good old USA for many years. Sam Adams is good beer but not quite this good. This is the finest example of a high quality lager without concern for cost or any other factor except beer quality. I now have that beer. NO BUD.

4.66/5  rDev +27%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

What an awesome beer! Session has the substantial and complex mouthfeel that all lagers strive for! Great smell, reminds me of a bakery off the nose. Malt is very present in the taste, but hops are there too, balance is quite good. Very smooth and sessionable as the name would suggest! You can also play rock, paper scissors with the bottle caps (printed on the underside). The signature stubby bottle is a nice touch, although I've begun to see cans of Session recently as well. As an IPA guy, this beer has made me pay more attention to the number of great lagers we have on the West Coast. Well done, Full Sail!

4.63/5  rDev +26.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Session Lager from Full Sail Brewery & Tasting Room & Pub